Is it normal

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
For cobras 96-98 to run at AL of NORMAL on hot days ?? 80+ degree weather?? On cool days runs at BETWEEN of O AND R everything is new in cooling system

jgt58

Established Member
Yes it is a design flaw. Thier was a recall on them replacing some things on them. If you want to achieve normal temps on hot days you will need an aluminium 3 core radiator if you want to keep a stock setup

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
Yes it is a design flaw. Thier was a recall on them replacing some things on them. If you want to achieve normal temps on hot days you will need an aluminium 3 core radiator if you want to keep a stock setup

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...
I have the mishimoto 3 row

JREYNOSO916

Established Member
What year is your cobra? 96's had a recall regarding condenser allowing air to hit the radiator
I've only heard of parking brakes with 96 stangs recall I do have a 96 but I blew air in it with compressor and also watered it to see it it would flow threw no problem and it did go right threw the condenser and radiator

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
my 97 runs right on the "O" of normal when moving or with A/C on max (forced fan on high). When sitting in traffic in the heat (95+), the needle will creep up between the "R" and the "M", but never higher. takes about 3-4 minutes to go back down once moving.

mean96svt

Established Member
For cobras 96-98 to run at AL of NORMAL on hot days ?? 80+ degree weather?? On cool days runs at BETWEEN of O AND R everything is new in cooling system

Yeah mine will run pretty hot on a summer Florida day. ESPECIALLY if you're getting on it

96 Cobra 4.10s, koni yellows, subframe connectors, anti-roll bar, short throw

Users who are viewing this thread