Is it possible? 500whp on stock blower.

nugen

Established Member
I met a guy with a yellow Terminator at a car show this weekend. He said that he was making 500 horsepower at the wheel with intake, pulley, catback, ported heads and stock eaton supercharger on pump gas (91 Octane in CO). He wasn't running nitrous or any other power adders. I was skeptical of his claim, especially considering that we live at 6,000 feet above sea level in Colorado. When I asked to see his dyno sheet, he said that he left it home that day. Of course he did, why would anyone want to bring a dyno sheet to a car show? But seriously, is it possible, or was this guy telling a bold faced lie?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
He was lying..... Might be the same guy with a yellow 03 that told a buddy of mine that he had KB internals in his eaton.......lol

nugen

Established Member
sambandit said:
He was lying..... Might be the same guy with a yellow 03 that told a buddy of mine that he had KB internals in his eaton.......lol

I'm not sure how many yellow Terminators there are in the area. This one stood out from the crowd because the guy has lots of flame decals and black (vinyl) stripes running up the hood. That's too bad :nonono:

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
sambandit said:

God I hate people like that. This one guy told me he took his "Twin Turbo" set up off his 97 Cobra because he had a leaking gasket. The car was bone stock!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Well, the dyno would have corrected his numbers back to sea level, but it would have had to correct them to a couple thousand feet BELOW sea level to get those numbers...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back before the days of ported blowers we had a couple of folks knocking on the 475-490rwhp door but I've never seen anything close to '500'. Except for one racer once but I never saw a dyno sheet. So enough time has passed where it is safe to say that it is just not possible. JMO.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is why it should be mandated that everyone who buys a cobra has to come to SVTP. It would really get rid of a lot of the knuckleheads. We aren't perfect, and I am far from it, but we have a really good knowledge base here.

-Jeff

Venimus03

Established Member
Well I talked to a guy a couple of weeks ago and he said that with his 2.8 upper only, no port, no lower, he was making 500/500. So maybe he is telling the truth :kaboom:

Last edited:

nugen

Established Member
This guy is really starting to build a fan base. This morning he gunned it from a light and then cut off my First Sergeant so that he could be the first person to the gate onto post. I guess that's one problem with having a car that everyone can identify. When you do something inconsiderate (or dare I say stupid!), everyone kows who you are! Congratulations, you just shaved 12 seconds from your commute.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
This is why it should be mandated that everyone who buys a cobra has to come to SVTP. It would really get rid of a lot of the knuckleheads. We aren't perfect, and I am far from it, but we have a really good knowledge base here.

-Jeff

Jeff,
This guy would help you to the 65000 bans ;-)

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
acrod said:
All those decals and flames should have tipped you off he was full of s#it.
C'mon now, decals alone add 50 hp and the flames, OMG, they must be another 75 ponies or better.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I'll be posting the dyno chart(s) after I get my electric water pump, windage tray, cams and 16# pulley set installed. That is, if I ever get around to it, he he. I guess it's been about 3 months now. I'm shooting for 500+ rwhp with that setup still using the stock eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread