Is it too risky to drop 25k on a used srt8 jeep w/o a warranty?

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
My sister in law has a 2010 i think or 11
.has 39k miles on it as of last weekend

Shes a stay at home mom now.. Used to work in the city. The put a ton of miles on it

ViciousJay

Established Member
nice trucks but i got the CTS-V instead

Gas mileage, tires, and suspension replaced parts costs didnt sit well with me

98BlackSVT

Established Member
Have you considered ss trailblazers? They can be found for well under 20 in great shape. Not to mention, it's just an ls motor so parts are plentiful and cheap. I traded my cobra for one 3 years ago and have had no problems with it.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Especially if it had a clean car fax and maintenance records.

cbr repsol

Established Member
U should get a warranty if it's a family ride and u have no mechanical experience or extra money for major repairs. My 04 cobra had the a/c repaired 3 times while under warranty . 1k plus each time.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Given the comment about wanting more kids and needing a family vehicle and not having money for warranty work ect.

I think you are out of your league. Drop the idea of a performance vehicle and get a reliable family car with a warranty.

Definitely food for thought

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My sister in law has a 2010 i think or 11.

There's no 2011. They skipped from 10 to 12 when they revised them.

nice trucks but i got the CTS-V instead

Gas mileage, tires, and suspension replaced parts costs didnt sit well with me

I never heard of them needing any suspension replaced, ever. I was active on the forums for almost 3 years. And your CTS-V tires can't be that much cheaper. :??:

50 Proof

Established Member
I love Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and especialy the hemi but I swear my 300c was built with spit and bubblegum. I could give you a serious list of stuff that has broken on the car within the 73k miles that are on it. Stupid nickle and dime stuff. Hemi drive train is solid. Expect everything else to be total crap.

03SVTBEAST

PRICELESS
Established Member
I bought my 06 SRT8 Jeep from a dealership with 58k miles on it for 24k. It was bone stock and only had one owner. I haven't had any problems and I love it. We use it as our family vehicle. My wife drives it more than I do. Doesn't get the greatest gas mileage but they are fun to drive and I feel like its worth it, but I do own a gas station so gas really isn't a factor for me.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Checkout a Focus ST. They are FWD and do moderately okay in the snow. 2013 models go for 25k ballpark new off the lot with warranty. It would match your performance need with a good family vehicle. Im from Baltimore myself and lets be honest, rarely do we get that much snow. Not even a huge blizzard on average per year. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

99 GT vert

Established Member
Checkout a Focus ST. They are FWD and do moderately okay in the snow. 2013 models go for 25k ballpark new off the lot with warranty. It would match your performance need with a good family vehicle. Im from Baltimore myself and lets be honest, rarely do we get that much snow. Not even a huge blizzard on average per year. Just my opinion.

If he were to get an ST the first thing he would have to do before the weather got cold is put new tires on it those summer tires that come on them factory suck in the cold and snow

personally i think extended warranties are a joke if you cannot afford to fix something when it breaks you cannot afford the vehicle, that 2-3000 that you would spend on the warranty + the interest you pay on it if you put it in the financing would pay for almost any repair that you would need to do to the vehicle, just take a little extra each month and set it aside in a different account so you have a little nest egg to use for repairs.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
All of your comments are well taken! I have been leaning towards "yes" for a while, but I just wanted some info and opinions towards the vehicle it-self. When its time im definitely going after the srt8 jeep, and ill just wait until I find one with good records at the right price. Thanks guys.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member

Its just not big enough. We already have 4 door car. We need something else bigger. But thanks!

svtrookie

Established Member
I will also look into the ss trail blazer. Thanks to who posted that.

+1 on taking a look at the TBSS....Been daily driving mine for the last 3 years with no issues. Used prices are definately down for them. Check out TBSSOWNERS.com.

I like the SRT8, but couldnt justify the price for a daily driver. A good friend of mine has an 07 SRT8 with no issues. I enjoy driving it....performance is definately above my SS, but at the end of the day they are both heavy SUVs that suck down fuel. I find that the SRT8 is a lot smaller inside and it lacks the ability to tow.

Both SUVs are unique and can be fun if your looking for a muscle truck that does it all, but filling up the tank each week gets old. It's really not the cost of the fuel, but the fact that your filling up premium gas in a truck that isnt even that fast. Both the Jeep and the TB are mod friendly, but if your daily driving I am sure you are not looking to mod it drastically.

Just my two cents!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
personally i think extended warranties are a joke if you cannot afford to fix something when it breaks you cannot afford the vehicle, that 2-3000 that you would spend on the warranty + the interest you pay ...
You've obviously never priced a replacement transmission for an SRT8 Jeep. LOL
There are good aftermarket warranties available, you just need to read the fine print and make sure it covers what you want.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
+1 on taking a look at the TBSS....Been daily driving mine for the last 3 years with no issues. Used prices are definately down for them. Check out TBSSOWNERS.com.

I like the SRT8, but couldnt justify the price for a daily driver. A good friend of mine has an 07 SRT8 with no issues. I enjoy driving it....performance is definately above my SS, but at the end of the day they are both heavy SUVs that suck down fuel. I find that the SRT8 is a lot smaller inside and it lacks the ability to tow.

Both SUVs are unique and can be fun if your looking for a muscle truck that does it all, but filling up the tank each week gets old. It's really not the cost of the fuel, but the fact that your filling up premium gas in a truck that isnt even that fast. Both the Jeep and the TB are mod friendly, but if your daily driving I am sure you are not looking to mod it drastically.

Just my two cents!

Definitely some goo input here man. Thanks :beer:

PM me with where you live man!

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
Back seat is very small...reverse car seat will not fit. If that matters to you
Edit: sorry I lied they will fit if you jam your face into the dashboard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread