Is it totaled C6Z

KevinE

Established Member
Sorry to see your loss man. That is heartbreaking!!

As for insurance - in CA, insurance follows the car - NOT the driver. The drivers insurance would only go into effect as excess coverage if you exhaust your limits - which you will not since you'll be using your collision coverage due to it being a solo vehicle loss. So as long as your policy doesn't have permissive driver exclusions, your carrier should provide coverage and take care of the car (also as long as you have collision coverage).

The driver of your vehicle will be considered at-fault for losing control and more than likely your premiums will increase from this loss. As for diminished value claims -- good luck. Thats fighting a losing battle with insurance companies. If I were you, I'd take the payout if its totalled and move on. Its not worth the hassle owner retaining a total and making it driveable again....unless you want to. If they don't total it, hopefully you'll choose a reputable body shop that will take great care in the vehicle repairs.

Keep us posted and again - very sorry to see a beautiful car get taken out by someone's stupidity. Lesson learned

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Damn man that sucks especially you being a passenger in your own car.

Glad everyone was okay - looks to be a lot of damage thou!

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Looking at the pictures, there's probably a decent possibility that the rear suspension and axle assembly has some damage. That would be another area where you'd be adding quite a bit of money to a repair bill. Given that this is a 2006, unless it's a super low mile example, I would say you're probably going to be close enough to total loss threshold that you'll be offered a settlement.

EDIT: Also get the driver's insurance information. The accident was caused under his control and in most areas his insurance will cover him while driving another car.[/QUOTE]

Yes only has 15K on it

Damn op, you just got the car too! I think thats a total.

Does this mean you're back in a Cobra?

LOL no I will get another one probably

The airbags will help. Figuring the car is probably valued in the mid $30's, and the repair needs to cost more than 60-70% of the value(depending on the insurance company), that puts you right around $22-23K in repairs, I don't think there is that much damage, but its hard to tell from 2 pics. If they don't total it, look into diminished value. That would be a good size check they would have to write you since this accident will probably cut $8K+ off the value of the car once repaired since no one wants to buy a wrecked Vette these days.

I blue booked it and it was still shouwing value at 49K-51K with 15Kmi on it in excellent condition witch it was.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
OP if it makes you feel better Vettes do that all the time. They're not toys, it's happened to me too, but the nannies saved my ass.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
OP if it makes you feel better Vettes do that all the time. They're not toys, it's happened to me too, but the nannies saved my ass.

yep, have had one or two ass pucker moments in my old C5Z, fortunately no wreck. The rear end snapping around is harrowing, not much warning as it almost seems happen instantly..

AWDLS2

Established Member
If it is totaled your prolly gonna get cashed out from your insurance company because that car is really worth 39-42k but if they give you blue book of 49-51k you made out. Just sucks that you had to lose your car

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
If it is totaled your prolly gonna get cashed out from your insurance company because that car is really worth 39-42k but if they give you blue book of 49-51k you made out. Just sucks that you had to lose your car

shit i'd lose my car to make out like that in a minute. ha

Users who are viewing this thread