Is it worth it to buy an nGuage if you do not use Lund?

92StangMan

Established Member
The nGauge can keep track of multiple parameters and displays six at once, but if you do not use Lund to tune your car, would it still be worth it to buy an nGauge, especially if you're going to add a power adder?

I like the simple look of that gauge in the AC vent and do not want 2-3 different gauges in my car when it can be summed up in one.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
The nGauge can keep track of multiple parameters and displays six at once, but if you do not use Lund to tune your car, would it still be worth it to buy an nGauge, especially if you're going to add a power adder?

I like the simple look of that gauge in the AC vent and do not want 2-3 different gauges in my car when it can be summed up in one.

Save yourself a couple hundred and just use the Torque app if all you want to do is monitor pids.

1396160d1438006616-review-my-instrumentation-torque-pro-obdii-setup-tpms-etc-related-accessories.jpg

Website https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
The nGauge is available locked as Lund's unit if you want Lund's tuning or you can buy the unlocked HP Tuners version and use the HP Tuners VCM Suite software to tune it or anyone who tunes using HP Tuners VCM Suite for that matter.

I'd love to have Lund tune the turbo kits, but since they won't touch third party turbo systems, I'll restore my stock tune and pay to have it unlocked so I can tune them myself (I wasn't aware Lund would not tune third party turbos when I placed the order, but the reputable vendor I got it from assured me for a small fee it could be unlocked).

I used to use HP Tuners to tune both my pullied '00 Grand Prix GTP and my cammed/stalled '98 Camaro Z28 so I imagine nothing much has changed in the software since then. It's literally log, adjust fuel tables, log some more, adjust spark table, log, wash, rinse, repeat.

If you can't tell, I really liked HP Tuners when I used it and I like the nGauge, so it's a no brainer for me.

In your case, since you want to stick it into a vent, just get the unlocked version. They go for $450 or about the same price as the locked Lund unit with no tune.

92StangMan

Established Member
The nGauge is available locked as Lund's unit if you want Lund's tuning or you can buy the unlocked HP Tuners version and use the HP Tuners VCM Suite software to tune it or anyone who tunes using HP Tuners VCM Suite for that matter.

I'd love to have Lund tune the turbo kits, but since they won't touch third party turbo systems, I'll restore my stock tune and pay to have it unlocked so I can tune them myself (I wasn't aware Lund would not tune third party turbos when I placed the order, but the reputable vendor I got it from assured me for a small fee it could be unlocked).

I used to use HP Tuners to tune both my pullied '00 Grand Prix GTP and my cammed/stalled '98 Camaro Z28 so I imagine nothing much has changed in the software since then. It's literally log, adjust fuel tables, log some more, adjust spark table, log, wash, rinse, repeat.

If you can't tell, I really liked HP Tuners when I used it and I like the nGauge, so it's a no brainer for me.

In your case, since you want to stick it into a vent, just get the unlocked version. They go for $450 or about the same price as the locked Lund unit with no tune.

Thank you! I had looked online and couldn't find the unlocked version, though I've found it now.

Users who are viewing this thread