is longtube headers worth it?

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
like i said about that article that the mag's did back in 02/03 regardless of price.. it does help, even if its a lil more than a nose hair!! :dw:

well 5-15 hp isnt worth the cost of the headers + the cost of the install = waste IMO if it were me just swap a smaller pulley

Last edited:

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
well 5-15 hp isnt worth the cost of the headers + the cost of the install = waste IMO if it were me just swap a smaller pulley

The magazine did a article that picked up 55RWHP.. 1+1 = 2.. not 5-15 horse.. i am basing a full length header install and HP numbers over a factory full exhaust! Cost of the install is ME.. and if you have a Cobra and do not have the skills to work on it your self, or people are too lazy to work on it them self.. well, better be it your money instead of mine LOL

heywaitfourme

Established Member
From personal experience, I gained 30-40rwhp on a dyno with the addition of longtubes and an H pipe.

was it worth it.....YES.......install is simple and easy, and as I said, if your in central PA, i'll do it in two days. Come jan i'll be in NC.

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
i can do all the work my self i just would take this here more then anything headers didnt get them much power at all

kbheaders.gif

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
From personal experience, I gained 30-40rwhp on a dyno with the addition of longtubes and an H pipe.

was it worth it.....YES.......install is simple and easy, and as I said, if your in central PA, i'll do it in two days. Come jan i'll be in NC.

You are saying headers and an H pipe! Could it be your HP gains were from mostly the H pipe and NOT the long tube headers? Everything from the manifolds back would improve HP. the stock manifolds are not the big restriction.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I had an 0/R x before I went with the Longtubes. I was running 19psi thru a whipple with an 0/R x and magnapack catback. I put longtubes and an 0/R H and still retained the magnapack catback.

A midpipe only will not gain you that much horse power, no matter how much you pay for it, sorry.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
:bs:

Sorry! :bs:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I will get the dyno's to prove you wrong.

my apologies, i went from 553 to 603 hp. dyno's on their way.

Last edited:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
here they are, the dyno sheets. Both are street tunes, 93 octane. I'd load my track tunes, but I don't anymore BS flags.

My apologizes if I come off as being a pr(CK but I hate when someone calls BS without backing anything up. Here's to you buddy!!

stock manifolds, O/R X pipe, magnapack catback
dyno2.gif

Longtubes, O/R H pipe, magnapack Catback. - only change made to car.
dyno3.gif

heywaitfourme

Established Member
incase you can't read it, I'm runnin the red tune, 603.78 hp, 561.98 tq.
81.2 Deg F. 50% humidity.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm sorry but still think it's :bs:! There's something else going on there. I did true before and after on my car and got like 12hp/7lb tq.

Last edited:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
There is nothing else going on. I'll get steelersvenom to chime in. I don't understand it. I back up myself, with dyno sheets that CLEARLY state the gains, and I'm still called a liar....man I love it.

Just like around home, even if I run a 10 second pass at the track, I still only have an 11 second car....guess it's my luck.

vr4

Established Member
Kenne Bell says Headers are a waste of money. im at 620rwhp 610rwtq with the stockers

last i checked kenne bell didnt produce headers either. of course there only going to push what they can make money on.

i dont have any dyno numbers but i strongly believe the LTs helped at least 10-15 whp on mine. ill never have any before numbers since i bought the car with the full exhaust setup so i dont have stock parts to install for comparison.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
There is nothing else going on. I'll get steelersvenom to chime in. I don't understand it. I back up myself, with dyno sheets that CLEARLY state the gains, and I'm still called a liar....man I love it.

Just like around home, even if I run a 10 second pass at the track, I still only have an 11 second car....guess it's my luck.

I'm not trying to be an ass either it just seems with 19psi and with a Whipple your car would've made more hp without the Headers. I thought 19psi and a Whipple was allways more than 550hp? Or way more. So maybe something was a changed in the tune afterwards to get all that hp? Or your pipes had a huge dent in them? Either way you got alot of hp now and that's allways a good thing.:thumbsup:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I agree. I went with a different tuner the second way around. All I know, after the headers went on, my power jumped up.

Users who are viewing this thread