Is Magnetic suspension an option?

LSs1Power

Established Member
I was watching a YouTube review and i was surprised when the guy said the GT350 im driving has standard suspension and not magnetic shocks! I thought all GT350s have magnetic shocks.

Can someone confirm?

colin450

Established Member
I think the base 2016 model didn't have it standard. In 2017 the track-pack is standard which does come with the magnetic suspension. I could be wrong though.

LSs1Power

Established Member
image.jpeg

This is the sheet on the car i want to buy. I cant find anything about the magnetic suspension but it has a track package

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
15/16 tech, track, and r had standard mag ride.

The base, $49k, doesn't.

LSs1Power

Established Member
I found a damper mode setting on the steering with two modes normal and sport settings. Does this mean it has the magnetic shocks?

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I found a damper mode setting on the steering with two modes normal and sport settings. Does this mean it has the magnetic shocks?

As an earlier post said, the only GT350 without magnetic dampers is the "Base" model. The magride shocks are not a separate option, so if the car has the track pack, then it has magride shocks. You can't get a track pack car without them.

LSs1Power

Established Member
As an earlier post said, the only GT350 without magnetic dampers is the "Base" model. The magride shocks are not a separate option, so if the car has the track pack, then it has magride shocks. You can't get a track pack car without them.

Great news i just want a confirmation before buying the car.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Source the vin to see if it has a tech or track pack. Alternatively, If it has navigation, it's a tech pack car. If it has diff and trans coolers, it's a track pack car. Essentially, only a completely base gt350 will have the base suspension. That all said, many have found the stock suspension to be very good, even with fixed shocks/struts.

Another easy way is to poke a head under while the car is on a lift. Magnetic shocks have cables and connectors attached to them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread