Is my 60' normal

NickG

Established Member
Is yours an auto trans? I wonder why my mph would be low for my setup? Something in my tune maybe

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i know in my car when i had the 3.89 gears it would only stall to about 1500 rpm and cut a best of a 1.97 60' but with the 3.55's it will stall to 1800 and i have had a best 60' of a 1.89. the higher gear seems to let it stall more.

NickG

Established Member
What tuner do you have? I went last night and still got the same 60'
First run I did a good burnout stalled the car to about 2000 rpm 18psi in the tires
second run I did a longer burnout then and had the pressure dropped to 15psi
And my car hits the rev limiter before it shifts on the 2-3 shift. This is the 4th tune I've had with problems.

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Dump the tune, sounds like it sucks. Talk to the guy from shaun from aed, everybody raves about him. He works with you on the tune until you are happy.

NickG

Established Member
That's what im thinking. I've talked to Shaun and im gonna get a tune from him soon.

JerryC

Established Member
Have somebody watch your launch.

Use shoe polish to put a line on your tire, wheel to ground.

You might be rolling out before before the convertor locks.

If you let off the brake as you nail the gas you could be slow rolling as the convertor flashes.

You should easily be in the 1.8's.

NickG

Established Member
re you talking about stalling up the converter or flashing it? This is my first auto trans car so im trying hard to get it down. Thanks

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
re you talking about stalling up the converter or flashing it? This is my first auto trans car so im trying hard to get it down. Thanks

It applies to both. If you stall it there will be a small lag as you floor it. If you're off the brake you'll have some rollout. If you flash it, there is a much longer lag as you floor it, and you could roll out .

NickG

Established Member
It applies to both. If you stall it there will be a small lag as you floor it. If you're off the brake you'll have some rollout. If you flash it, there is a much longer lag as you floor it, and you could roll out .

So basically. I could be tripping the the beams before the converter is locked? What does the stock converter lock up at?

JerryC

Established Member
So basically. I could be tripping the the beams before the converter is locked? What does the stock converter lock up at?

About 1800 I think.

Try this, stall the car like at the track and launch. Notice that little amount of time between your foot hitting the floor and the car taking off?
Now do the same thing except this time just let off the brake without flooring it, see how it goes forward. That's how you roll the beam. You want to let off the brake just as the car gets going under full throttle.

You can get close by doing a gas to the floor, then foot off the brake.

NickG

Established Member
About 1800 I think.

Try this, stall the car like at the track and launch. Notice that little amount of time between your foot hitting the floor and the car taking off?
Now do the same thing except this time just let off the brake without flooring it, see how it goes forward. That's how you roll the beam. You want to let off the brake just as the car gets going under full throttle.

You can get close by doing a gas to the floor, then foot off the brake.

Yeah I do need to do that. Ill prolly get someone to video it from the side so I can review it

And see what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread