Is my order real?

mcjcmlark

I ordered my GT350 Mustang in April with a dealership in NH. I have been given the order number, no VIN yet or production date, although I was told it was going to be part of the 2nd round of builds. I have seen others on this forum saying that they have their VIN# and production date, but I can't find anything on my order. Can anyone shed light on my dilemma?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I ordered my GT350 Mustang in April with a dealership in NH. I have been given the order number, no VIN yet or production date, although I was told it was going to be part of the 2nd round of builds. I have seen others on this forum saying that they have their VIN# and production date, but I can't find anything on my order. Can anyone shed light on my dilemma?

Order banks didn't open until May...

But anyways. All orders are given an order number before they are submitted to Ford. Being told you were the 2nd round makes me think that they were assuming they would get a second allocation this year...which is possible, but slightly unlikely. I would verify with your dealership if they have one for another customer scheduled ahead of yours.

You won't be able to find anything on your order by yourself, you'll have to contact the selling dealer.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why if they say 2nd set of builds you feel that your vin should be in the first set of builds?
They can't build all 5k units in the first month. So the builds at the first of 16 and closer to the summer will not have vin assigned for a while.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why if they say 2nd set of builds you feel that your vin should be in the first set of builds?
They can't build all 5k units in the first month. So the builds at the first of 16 and closer to the summer will not have vin assigned for a while.

While you're right..for a dealer to tell him he'll be in the 2nd set of builds really leads me to believe they are banking on a second allocation for 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread