Is the gt350 worth it?

stags

Established Member
Pretty basic question and I'm ideally looking for feedback from owners who have gone from a 13-14 well modified gt to a gt350.

From a fun to drive standpoint, is the gt350 worth the $20-30k price difference between my 14 gt premium (stickered 39, paid 32 new) and the mods I have into it? Full exhaust, suspension, All the tranny mods, Cai and AED tuned? I would not mod a Shelby.

I know and respect the fact the gt350 is an absolutely awesome car, I'm just questioning whether or not it's *that* much better?

krt22

Established Member
I have a lightly modded 2012 and was content to keep it for who knows how long, at most trade it for a S550 in a few years just to get the IRS. THen the GT350 was announced and I simply cannot wait. Its an absolute bargain for what you get if you ask me.

If you just like to romp around on the street and blvd cruise, I can understand it being less appealing however.

jerkstore

Established Member
Might be better answers once owners get their cars and get some driving time in. I have one on order, late delivery, but I won't sell my Boss until I answer this question. I figure I'll give the GT350 a year and sell the one I like less.

arsenalrocks

Established Member
current e92m3 owner, just got my car last week.

without any doubt the gt350 is the steal of the century. is it worth it? absolutely

if you want to bring ADM into the equation, is a typical 10k adm worth it? absolutely

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
current e92m3 owner, just got my car last week.

without any doubt the gt350 is the steal of the century. is it worth it? absolutely

if you want to bring ADM into the equation, is a typical 10k adm worth it? absolutely

You got your car early.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
From what I've heard a couple times now, a stock S550 supposedly handles better than a modded S197. I question the truth in that, but if it is true, the GT350 would be all the better.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
From what I've heard a couple times now, a stock S550 supposedly handles better than a modded S197. I question the truth in that, but if it is true, the GT350 would be all the better.

I have heard this as well. A guy on another forum tracks his cars, he had a 13 with COs, LCAs and a PHB, he traded up to a 15 and said the S550 handles better.

stags

Established Member
Here I am trying to be all financially responsible and stuff hoping you guys tell me that its not a big deal... there goes that... Thanks guys :) Not that I'm complaining, I love you all for enabling me :)

I am not a track (road or 1/4) guy- wouldn't mind getting in to road course though. My idea of a fun time is slinging a car around some tiny mountain road at home in Colorado, and I can't help but think the 350 is perfect for that. I would also love to take one to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Here's my logic (now that I am not posting off a cell phone at work)

I can keep investing in my 14 GT and it will never be a GT350 no matter how much money I spend, and it will probably be uncomfortable or unreliable to boot. Or I can get a GT350, have the better performance, name, looks (kinda debatable imo), spend less total money, and have a warranty to boot. Seems simple right?

I guess the biggest thing holding me back is I would have to buy a beater of some kind... can't imagine DDing a gt350. And I would feel bad storing one in the garage of my condo (communal, not private).

Thoughts appreciated. I am currently leaning towards putting the money I was about to spend on wheels for the GT in a nice mutual fund to get bigger for a GT350 down payment down the road.

scottmac2000

Established Member
Might be better answers once owners get their cars and get some driving time in. I have one on order, late delivery, but I won't sell my Boss until I answer this question. I figure I'll give the GT350 a year and sell the one I like less.
Goodbye boss !!

Rct851

Established Member
My logic is if something speaks to you and you have the means then buy it. You only live once and who knows for how long so you might as well buy what you want.
I like it. Sometimes the line of knowing if you truly have the means to buy something can get blurry.

mitchster

Established Member
I am in the same boat. A 2013 with a roush blower. What will it take to trade in my car and how much cash, Maybe 17K-20K more? Is the jump to a GT350 worth an extra $20.000

jtfx6552

Established Member
Paying ADM is not worth it to me.

In most cases, just about every case, this isn't going to be your forever car, so you'll end up selling it at some point. Usually it's less than 3 years when the new hot thing comes out.

It's amazing how fast the extra value goes away.

scottmac2000

Established Member
I really like the Boss, so I hope you are right!
I say goodbye boss because I went from a '13 Gt Premium with sticky tires (Mpss) and 10k worth of suspension parts (everything except a torque arm) to a '15 Gt Premium Auto with the performance pack - (stock perrelli's and stock rims at 9.5 back and 8.5 front).With stock everything (for now), the '15 will be a tad bit faster then our '13 at the track.
The Gt350 should embarrass our '15 at the track. FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Add 15k of tires and suspension parts, and add power adder and light wheels and rotors to the Gt.
VS:
Add power adder to the Gt 350.
EVALUATION per CAR: Performance difference vs total cost?
P.s.s. Goodbye boss.

Para81

Established Member
Pretty basic question and I'm ideally looking for feedback from owners who have gone from a 13-14 well modified gt to a gt350.

From a fun to drive standpoint, is the gt350 worth the $20-30k price difference between my 14 gt premium (stickered 39, paid 32 new) and the mods I have into it? Full exhaust, suspension, All the tranny mods, Cai and AED tuned? I would not mod a Shelby.

I know and respect the fact the gt350 is an absolutely awesome car, I'm just questioning whether or not it's *that* much better?

The answer is no it's not worth a 20k or 30k difference with a GT - it's worth more like an 80k difference from the GT.

Put it this way if this exact car was being built by the Germans and limited production it would be 180k minimum (just look at the M4 GTS). Avoiding an ADM is possible but difficult.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have driven the GT350 very briefly, two laps go fast, and then drove the Boss from Road America north and around Lake Michigan to get back home. On the winding roads coming south along Lake Michigan's east coast, my mind was made up. I will be ordering a GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread