Is the GT500 an SVT product?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Some people have argued the GT500 is not an SVT product. I recently had the camera handy when I was prepping the car for the Auto Show. So I figured I'd document a few things.

You make the call.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

svtsillxz1.jpg

svtmanual1cl0.jpg

svttachmd2.jpg

svtmanual2tr6.jpg

svtbuildlx0.jpg

svtmanual3jn3.jpg

svtwheelnz1.jpg

svtvalvecoverpe0.jpg

Any questions?!?! :pop:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
There will still be people who are in denial!

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Shelby GT500 is the last truly SVT Product

I don't understand why there is a debate over this particular car's origins...The Shelby GT500 is the last fully-developed SVT product done by the SVT organization, before SVT staff was disbanded and distributed over the Ford Organization. Team Mustang absorbed some of the staff I am sure, and some SVT personnel probably got the axe....The building SVT was located in, based on information I got from Roush people, was in-fact leased to Ford by Roush, and that building was vacated by SVT.....While Ford certainly owns the SVT nameplate, about all SVT is at this point, is just that, a name plate on the sill of a mustang from now on, unless the organization, with seamless engineering,production, and marketing staff is put back together....It was a mistake to disband it, but we all know, that Ford has been making a lot of mistakes, lately....Hopefully the new head guy has enough common sense to ask the important questions, and bring Ford back to greatness.........

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SVT is still alive and kicking and developing new products.

As for the 07 Cobra, (as I like to call it) it is much more SVT than it is Shelby. For my money Ford should drop the Shelby name off the car and keep the extra money they would save from the royalties paid to Shelby and keep it as profit.

txlaw

Established Member
SID297 said:
SVT is still alive and kicking and developing new products.

As for the 07 Cobra, (as I like to call it) it is much more SVT than it is Shelby. For my money Ford should drop the Shelby name off the car and keep the extra money they would save from the royalties paid to Shelby and keep it as profit.

:bowdown: I guess I should show you some respect since you are an owner/administrator of something according to your title but you don't have a clue how those of us who actually own a GT500 feel about the importance of having Sheby's name on our cars.

txlaw

Established Member
You know I don't notice GT500 owners going on the other parts of this forum and criticizing the vehicles represented in those areas of the forum. But this seems to occur a great deal from owners of other Ford products. What's up with that?

03SBSVT

Banned
txlaw said:
:bowdown: I guess I should show you some respect since you are an owner/administrator of something according to your title but you don't have a clue how those of us who actually own a GT500 feel about the importance of having Sheby's name on our cars.
you're an idiot :lol: :lol: :lol: Shelby's a greedy has been and tbh his names a disgrace to SVT's car. JMO :coolman:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
SID297 said:
For my money Ford should drop the Shelby name off the car and keep the extra money they would save from the royalties paid to Shelby and keep it as profit.
I couldn't agree more.

dcdoug

SVT Rookie
Established Member
you're an idiot Shelby's a greedy has been and tbh his names a disgrace to SVT's car. JMO

Then why not spend your time on the other Cobra forums and rant about Shelby there?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
txlaw said:
I could give a **** if my car says shelby or not. :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
If you bought this car because it is a Shelby, your a pathetic loser and don't know shit about Ford or Shelby. If you want to buy a true modern shelby, buy a Shelby GT. Those are sent to his facility for the mods. The 07 GT500 is not a true shelby like it was back in the day, but who gives a F***, it is the sweetest Factory mustang ever.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
txlaw said:

Actually, I do have a clue. Most all of the true enthusiats I know that own the car could care less about the Shelby badge that Ford stuck on the car.

Do you think you actually bought a real Shelby car when you purchased your 07? All it happens to be is a licenced product. If you wanted a real Shelby Mustang you would have bought this:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/cs6.asp

txlaw

Established Member
There really is a simple explanation for so much bashing of the GT500 by non-owners. But there is no point in stating what is painfully obvious to those who own one. I just find it ironic that an owner/administrator of a forum that host a place for enthusiast of Ford products comes on here and criticizes the most sought after product Ford has produced in many years.
Maybe someday you will get the chance to drive one and then you too will understand. They are well built and a great deal of fun to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread