Is the oem x-pipe that is found on the GT350R available?

mammothcar1

Established Member
I've been considering the idea of removing the resonators from my GT350, but I don't want to cut anything up.
If I've been looking at the underside pics of these two cars correctly, the GT350 has 2 resonators, whereas the GT350R has an x-pipe, but no resonator.

I've searched for an X-pipe, but I'm not finding oem.
Is this oem x-pipe available?

Thanks

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Sure it is at a silly price. Why not just do a resonator delete and save your money? It'll give you exactly what the R has at a fraction of the price.

Cut your exhaust. Live a little!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cut or have the resonators cut out via a very clean, high quality approach.

Save the resonators. When you go to sell the car, have them carefully reinstalled (welded back in.

You'll spend all in all $500 total that way, and be no worse off on resale value or performance or any measurable impactful concept.

The factory OEM anything on these cars is stupidly expensive/marked up. I'd cringe to see what a radiator support or front engine cradle msrp's for as an example.

Tob has it right, live a little.

*obviously (I would hope) have a quality piece of piping slid and welded in to place to fill the gap.*

mammothcar1

Established Member
$1757 is crazy.

Thanks for the replies.
Maybe I will be cutting it up...
Since I have a lift, it would've been an easy job of just swapping the exhaust, but at almost 2 grand I'll pass on that option.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There's a number quoted that is floating around somewhere. I remember thinking that it wasn't that great given the cost to make it work.

Established Member
besides the weight, what advantage is removing the resonators? Any disadvantages and why reinstall to sell?

Thanks

mammothcar1

Established Member
besides the weight, what advantage is removing the resonators? Any disadvantages and why reinstall to sell?

Thanks

Besides the change in volume, I like the idea of being able to reinstall the resonators just in case I tick off too many of my neighbors.
I try to keep it very quiet when leaving my neighborhood, so hopefully that won't be a problem but you never know.

The big reason I like this set up is because I can do it myself.
I have the exhaust cutting tool, ($35 from Amazon), and a lift. I don't have to go to an exhaust shop and wait around.
I would think it could be done with just a ramp and some jack stands too.

Users who are viewing this thread