is there a way of making the t56 less harsh...

the ambush

Established Member
i figure the t56 that's on the viper must be a lot smoother given the price of the car. can we upgrade our synchro gears so shifts are smoother?

the ambush

Established Member
GM !!!:eek:

don't ford have something similar :??:

oh well, no one will know :rollseyes

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Royal Purple transmission fluid might solve your problems. http://www.royalpurple.com/prodsa/scmax.html

The transmission on the Viper is identical to the transmission on the Cobra. It is purchased from Tremec and installed into the Cobra directly. The Viper T56 and the Cobra T56 are the exact same thing internally and externally.

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Well actually they're not 100% identical. Viper-spec T-56 gets a .50 final overdrive whereas the Cobra-spec gets a .62.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Overdrive ratios are in conjunction with the final drive on each vehicle. All standard gears with the exception of overdrive are identical. The synchronizers are also identical.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
pwnt04 said:
The Viper T56 and the Cobra T56 are the exact same thing internally and externally.

The Viper T56 is not the same as the Cobra T56. The viper T56 has a 28 spline input shaft, 03 T56 has the standard 10 spline input shaft. They are both close ratio T56s, but due to the weak ass 10 spline input shaft in the 03 T56 they dont get the 650 ft/lb torque rating that the Viper T56 has. hth :read: :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
StngStr said:
10 spline? doesn't sound right to me.
He is correct. Believe it or not ours is a 10 spline. Which is why the Viper tranny is higher rated.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Damn. 10 spline??? Even when Ford improves the Mustang they STILL bone us one way or another.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can, though, upgrade it to a 26 spline shaft. So that's an option.

Users who are viewing this thread