Is there correlation between which team build the engine and the amount of power that

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
for a little while it did seem like there was a correlation between which processor(stock) you had and the people making the higer HP numbers.

dont know if thats still true but it seemed like it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by cito
Granted. Trusting any Dyno is dubious. Dyno specs and setup are a potential source of error variance.
But not to the extent we've seen in '03 and '04 Cobras. That would only account for a rather small variation. We've seen right here on this forum a low number of just under 345rwhp and a high of 395rwhp. SAE. That's a range of 50rwhp. A buddy of mine put his bone stock '03 Cobra on the same dyno I used and put down 393rwhp SAE. There are definitely differences amongst these motors. Mine, by the way, was 363rwhp bone stock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Build team variances? Come on. No way! As mentioned above, they are only assembling parts they're given.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Originally posted by cito
I saw a 2001 Cobra put down 310 horsepower to the wheels on a Mustang Dyno with no mods. That engine is obviously a monster for some reason, and you can't attribute that variance to the Eaton. Whether it correlates with the builders is unclear.

This would be easy enough to answer. Have everyone who has had a baseline dyno using the same type of dyno list their numbers and builders. We could then do an analysis of variance to assess whether there are any statistically significant differences between the build teams.

BS

That's like saying it will run 12's stock. Right. Maybe once....out of a B-29.

Show me the money....

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
But not to the extent we've seen in '03 and '04 Cobras. That would only account for a rather small variation. We've seen right here on this forum a low number of just under 345rwhp and a high of 395rwhp. SAE. That's a range of 50rwhp. A buddy of mine put his bone stock '03 Cobra on the same dyno I used and put down 393rwhp SAE. There are definitely differences amongst these motors. Mine, by the way, was 363rwhp bone stock.

I agree.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by FireRed04Vert
BS

That's like saying it will run 12's stock. Right. Maybe once....out of a B-29.

Show me the money....

Did I say it would run 12's stock? That's all it takes, 310 rwhp? Have you run 12's yet?

Actually, I did lie. It was 312. Witnessed by an entire Mustang club. Better still call BS though, we are just a big bunch of f'n liars.

http://www.mustangclubofcentraliowa.org/pastevents/04 Dyno Day/04dyno_day.htm

Okay, next thing you are going to say is that the Dyno was f'd up or was this sae or otherwise corrected. It doesn't really matter, my only point is that there is variation in horsepower. This was a point that probably could have been made by citing the more obvious variation in '03 engines, and I would have saved myself the bother of your lowbrow comment.

Save it.

Keep the change.

Users who are viewing this thread