Is this beast daily worthy

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
I had a a beater 2001 V6 Mustang as my alternate transportation for the GT500 here in New England. It got rear ended so I bought a used 2012 Explorer XLT last winter. I have had eight Mustangs and used most of them as daily drivers but the GT500 is not compatible with winter driving. I have put 11,000+ miles on it since April 2013, but driving it in winter is not the best choice. Plus I can take stuff to the dump with the Explorer!

Pete

Troponin

Established Member
I have a supercharged GT, and I cannot imagine DDing this thing, even in Texas. They just aren't comfortable enough. If you are in the price range of the GT500, I agree, look at the SRT8 Challengers or a HC. They are WAY more comfortable as a DD.

That said, I still recommend that you have a winter beater. WHen I lived in Pa, the only RWD car that I owned that wasn't completely crap in the snow was a Nissan with snow tires. 150hp is a lot different than 665hp in the snow.

LOPSI

SVT Goon
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I almost forgot about this post. Thanks everyone for the feedback I got a couple laughs in. Yea so the consensus is a big NO, which I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread