WANTED: ISO sub $20k cobra

919_SonicTermi

Established Member
Looking for an 03/04 cobra sub 20k preferably something between 80-150k miles . Vert or coupe is fine . Any color except yellow . Preferable with IRS and supercharger . Located in Raleigh NC .

apissues

Established Member
How much of a project do you want? :)

13'5.0

Established Member
They're out there. Especially in that $20,000-23,000 range. Lot of verts but some coupe's. Facebook "03/04 Cobra for sale group" in the market place.

jtrainor

Established Member
Lost interest in fixing up my car and have it listed on FB (link below). Quick rundown: $23k, 61k mile Satin Silver Coupe, 640RWHP through a 13/14 Shelby blower on 93 & Torco. Runs and drives, needs a clutch but will sell with 26 spline RXT for $750 extra. Low compression on cylinder 7 & 8. Scoped the cylinders and they look fine, so with it being a June 2002 build I’m going with the classic valve train issue as the recall was never done on the car. Like the ad says, don’t need to sell, just lost motivation. Have a built aluminum block, VMP Gen3R, ARH’s, McLeoud RXT, and some various parts waiting to go in if I keep it…

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lot of verts but some coupe's. Facebook "03/04 Cobra for sale group" in the market place.

Man, I noticed the same thing when I was looking for a Fox Body. Tons of Verts and some hard tops. And a lot of the hard tops were ragged out. Slim pickings for a good hard top (hatch or coupe) at a decent price as well.

As someone else said, the they are out there. Just have to know where to look and keep looking until the car you want comes up.

MTBSully

Established Member
Lost interest in fixing up my car and have it listed on FB (link below). Quick rundown: $23k, 61k mile Satin Silver Coupe, 640RWHP through a 13/14 Shelby blower on 93 & Torco. Runs and drives, needs a clutch but will sell with 26 spline RXT for $750 extra. Low compression on cylinder 7 & 8. Scoped the cylinders and they look fine, so with it being a June 2002 build I’m going with the classic valve train issue as the recall was never done on the car. Like the ad says, don’t need to sell, just lost motivation. Have a built aluminum block, VMP Gen3R, ARH’s, McLeoud RXT, and some various parts waiting to go in if I keep it…

Ahh the ole "just needs a clutch". Been there lol

jtrainor

Established Member
@MTBSully he also was told it was a clutch. Now the motors out, and she’s toasted for low compression too.
Mine? Motors never been out of it, been driving the car for two years as it sits (low compression and all, has been since July 2021) with no changes. Have a second block I’ve been building. Definitely needs a clutch though, no clue what clutch is in it as I havent changed it since I bought the car stock with 39k on it so probably stock

jtrainor

Established Member
Ahh the ole "just needs a clutch". Been there lol
Pretty transparent, never said just a clutch, mentioned compression is low. Very obviously needs more. Plenty of ads don’t list compression numbers. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

LS WUT

Established Member
Mine? Motors never been out of it, been driving the car for two years as it sits (low compression and all, has been since July 2021) with no changes. Have a second block I’ve been building. Definitely needs a clutch though, no clue what clutch is in it as I havent changed it since I bought the car stock with 39k on it so probably stock
No sir, not referring to yours. You’re new so this wouldn’t make much sense to you. I was referring to a cobra Chris just bought. Guy said it needed a clutch and it turned out the low compression did significant damage to the motor.

I’ve seen your car before. It was sent to me by a buddy of mine. Cars been hurt for a while right? Either way Goodluck with your sale. Also I’d suggest if you want to sell it make a for sale Ad here and just follow market rules. Not everyone has Facebook to see the pictures, and details.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty transparent, never said just a clutch, mentioned compression is low. Very obviously needs more. Plenty of ads don’t list compression numbers. If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.
Relax Francis, have a sense of humor since the joke wasnt about you to begin with.

On a brighter note, post pictures of your ride. I'm sure someone will message you to buy it.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
This is what the joke was about. Shameless plug because I actually look forward to his videos.

jtrainor

Established Member
No sir, not referring to yours. You’re new so this wouldn’t make much sense to you. I was referring to a cobra Chris just bought. Guy said it needed a clutch and it turned out the low compression did significant damage to the motor.

I’ve seen your car before. It was sent to me by a buddy of mine. Cars been hurt for a while right? Either way Goodluck with your sale. Also I’d suggest if you want to sell it make a for sale Ad here and just follow market rules. Not everyone has Facebook to see the pictures, and details.
That makes sense. Reading comprehension isn’t my strong suit apparently. Pretty much how mines gone, need a clutch and figured why not buy headers. Did compression check and was low on the usual 2, so figured why not buy cams…now I have a built longblock, supercharger, fuel system, clutch…poor decisions were made

jtrainor

Established Member
Relax Francis, have a sense of humor since the joke wasnt about you to begin with.

On a brighter note, post pictures of your ride. I'm sure someone will message you to buy it.
Touché. I’ll try to post some soon. If I understood the reference or had any sort of reading skills I would’ve got it. Haven’t really been on SVTP since the crashed Sonic Blue coupe thread a few months back

Users who are viewing this thread