isolator questions

03cobrafan

Established Member
My car is a bit too low in the front, the tires have been rubbing in the wheel well and rather than roll the fenders, I would rather raise the car a bit. I am running h&r springs with a qa1 k member which lowered the car a bit as well. I do not think the car has isolators (up front at least), haven't looked at the rear. How much does adding isolators in the front add? Does the front have top and bottom isolators, or just one? I'd like to raise the front about 1/2" if possible.
Thanks.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
My car is a bit too low in the front, the tires have been rubbing in the wheel well and rather than roll the fenders, I would rather raise the car a bit. I am running h&r springs with a qa1 k member which lowered the car a bit as well. I do not think the car has isolators (up front at least), haven't looked at the rear. How much does adding isolators in the front add? Does the front have top and bottom isolators, or just one? I'd like to raise the front about 1/2" if possible.
Thanks.

adding both the top and bottom isolators in the front (yes both the front and the rear both have two per spring) would give you around about that 1/2" you are looking for

SlowSVT

Established Member
adding both the top and bottom isolators in the front (yes both the front and the rear both have two per spring) would give you around about that 1/2" you are looking for

.........and cancels out the vibration and shock loads that gets past the springs.

that's a "win win!" :banana:

03cobrafan

Established Member
not sure why, but when I look on lethal or Maximums website, the front isolator kits only show two pieces and the rears show 4, or 2 per spring. Do they make thicker isolators or metal ones to get even more clearance?

NJredfire03

Established Member
not sure why, but when I look on lethal or Maximums website, the front isolator kits only show two pieces and the rears show 4, or 2 per spring. Do they make thicker isolators or metal ones to get even more clearance?

The pictures on the website do not directly represent the actual kit. I have a set of front and rear MM isos that i do not plan on using. Brand new still in the package. PM me if you want to set up something.

NJredfire03

Established Member
also, which HR springs? Sport or Race? The MM isos with the race springs will give it the effect that the car isn't even lowered. Just a FYI

mj42

UNDERDOG
Established Member
if you dont have them in the front will they making like a clunking noise when taking off or when shifting? im only asking cuz thats what my car seems to be doing

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread