Issues programming garage door remote

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
So i am trying to program a new wireless keypad on the outside of the garage door (clicker, is the brand) and I can get it to work. But then I try to use the door openers in the car (both Genie) and can only get one of the two car door openers to work. The garage door is a Genie Intellicode 990 series, made sometime around 2000.
Does anyone have a thought on this? Does this unit only allow 2 remotes? Do they all need to be the same brand? I can also get both remotes to work, but then the Keypad stops working, so i know all three pieces do work, but only two at a time!
I am frustrated as all Hell trying to figure this out! Could really use the help
:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Did you read the instructions. When I installed my Clicker I recall there was something different in the programming for older motor units.

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
yes, I did everything according to the instructions, I am able to get any of 2 out of 3 working, but not all three programmed at once (2 garage door openers and 1 key pad).

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Did you program both of your old remotes in again. Any time I program a new one in I also have to reprogram my old ones in again. I got the one you keep on your key ring a couple of years ago to operate my 3 doors. I then had to program my other 3 old ones that are in the cars at the same time. That may be your problem. One of your might have got erased from its memory.

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
On a side note, since it is an older opener, take some time to grease ( I use white lithium) the drive mechanism and other moving parts. You'll notice an immediate sound reduction and lessen the chance of something breaking. One of those simple things we all forget, like tire air pressure = better mpg...
Happy New Year...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good note about using the white lithium grease. That should be done regularly, like changing your oil, but like you said, it's something many homeowners forget.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Great point Cobradan,

The last time I had mine serviced the guy left me a can of garage door and track lubricant. Its not white lithium grease but it is specially formulated for garage doors. It works.

Users who are viewing this thread