Issues with car, Track times terrible.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Well nedless to say went to the track after finally getting the car ready with the new blower setup and its nothing but issues, clearly there is a problem. To start with my old setup the car was running a stock 97 cobra engine with a p600b making 420rwhp and 380rwt, 4.10 rear gear and a 315/35/17 drag radial, the car ran consistent 11.90s to 12.30s with traps speeds between 118-120mph. Fast forward to today the car is running 8:5:1 compression built 04 cobra shortblock, factory b heads and a d1sc making 20psi at 6,00rpms before I have what seems to be spark blowout, but its still making 600rwhp and 522rwt at the 6,000 rpms. Also just got a built t56 in which replaced the t45. The fuel system, MAF setup is all new along with the ignition system running stock motorcraft coil packs, msd wires , kenne bell boost a spark and tr6 plugs gapped at 28. Its also on 28x12.50 et streets. Well the runs today were consistent 12.30s-12.50s with trap speeds between 114-115mph, clearly theres some kind of issue. 1.6 and 1.7 60s and banging the gears hard. Sometimes it feels like its hitting the rev limiter which im assuming is blowout anywhere between 5500 and 5800rpms depending on the gear, regardless there has to be something else going on with this as the traps speeds are actually lower than the old setup even though the car makes almost 200 more horsepower and almost 150 more torque. Also the last trip at the track with all the old stuff I was starting to have the same issue with some blowout or rev limiter crap but the only thing that remains the same in the car is the wiring and ecu. (cars been professional tuned). Also if it makes a different the chassis is a 97 GT-S package that had the crank windows and all and was once registered as a fleet vehicle. Anyone have an input on this, I will be doing a compression test next time I'm down my garage to see if theres anything wrong with that but I'm pretty sure the motor is ok.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Its not a 60 foot or driver issue, even theough 3-4th gear rolls its staying side by side with my old motor and blower in my friends car

SIC9250

Coyote_Mach
Established Member
Data log it...find the issue..fix it...I bet its in the tune or maybe a spark/fuel issue,you should be dragging your buddies car with your old setup!

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Update: conpression is a dead nuts 160 cold accross yhe board bu found found something interestig when i pulled my bumper to check piping, my air filter was caked soli with dirt and dried grass i never even seen a dirtbike
Filter so bad, its only been on there 3k miles but Im pretty sure tye problem is the ipen race bypass valve which is right by it, everytime i pull out of my garage inhae a small dirt area to go through and that cale mushrom clouds dust and dirt like crazy, or anywhere else i drive thys semi dusty, i banged it on the floor in 4 different spots and each time it dripped enough dirt to fill a solo cup a 1/4, im assuming this could of restricjed boost as th filter is small to begin with, i didnt look at my boost gauge at the track but just stabbig the gas in neutral im seeing 15-16 pounds on the gauge

dynamo

Established Member
I Was reading your inforamtion on your orginal set up.
I was hoping you might help me achive the 420 hp to the wheels.
i am at 380hp with the p600b procharger-3 core intercooler.
what size pulley were your running? boost psi? and did you have headers?

dynamo

Established Member
Thanks for info.
Were you running a 2.90 dia, pully? Belt size -111.50 long
thats what i am running belt seems to loose, 7.78 lbs boost.
It seem like i would really gain alot hp with long tube headers?
What brand do you have?
Sorry to of high jacked your thread,
dont think alot people running the p600b blower anymore

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Did you change spark plugs or the gapping? My guess is the MSD wires are cutting out at the high RPM under load.

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
When the car was on the dyno blowing out at 6k tuner said all the ignition stuff looks good, would there really be much difference between the 8.5mm MSD to the 9mm Frpp

Users who are viewing this thread