Issues with MAC LT fit/finish??

ToddEdge

Established Member
I bought a set of MAC ceramic coated LT's and the Lethal X pipe from Lethal last week. I had the most reputable shop install them and we've come to the realization that they fit like absolute crap. On the passenger side, it hits the floorboard. We rolled the floorboard just a bit and managed to get it to fit. On the drivers side, the collector hangs way too low. It hangs probably 2" lower than the passenger side. This causes the X pipe to be crooked and ultimately affects fitment of my cat-back. The shop got everything installed and it scrapes over the most minor bumps. Clearly I can't keep these on my car. Has anyone else ever had this issue? We think it is a manufacturer defect since neither fit. The car is a 11K mile show car that has the stock K member, motor mounts, everything.

I'm going to call Lethal to see if they will take care of me tomorrow and swap the MAC out for a set of BBK's, which I was told to buy originally...

Todd

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
where did you buy the mac lt's?

i have read NOTHING BUT POSITIVE reviews on Mac's

I personally installed Mac 1-5/8" ceramic coated lt's along with Lethal's o/r x pipe and it fit PERFECT!!

i did not hit any floorboard .. my collectors are perfectly inline with one another

it definatly sounds like a defect.... :shrug:

20130306_214406-1_zps0299a97c.jpg

4c4fda2f-d42d-4c16-9fba-72d178bbb048_zpsa0c47d18.jpg

Last edited:

ToddEdge

Established Member
where did you buy the mac lt's?

i have read NOTHING BUT POSITIVE reviews on Mac's

I personally installed Mac 1-5/8" ceramic coated lt's along with Lethal's o/r x pipe and it fit PERFECT!!

i did not hit any floorboard .. my collectors are perfectly inline with one another

it definatly sounds like a defect.... :shrug:

20130306_214406-1_zps0299a97c.jpg

4c4fda2f-d42d-4c16-9fba-72d178bbb048_zpsa0c47d18.jpg

Yours are how mine were supposed to look... The shop that did mine does these everyday and even they said they were the worst fitting set they have ever tried to install. I got everything from Lethal last week. I'm hoping they will take them back as defective and help me out with some BBK's. I think I'm done with MAC since I'm out the install charges already...

keith89

Established Member
I'll post some pics once I have it back up on the lift, hopefully when we are pulling them off...

No fitment problems here either. They hang below my subframe connectors by maybe 1/2". It sounds like you either got a bad set which is rare these days or your motor is tilted for some reason.

keith89

Established Member
I know mine sits slightly higher on the passenger side. I think my motor is slightly tilted towards the driver side with stock K and mounts. It looks to be more extreme in your case or you got a bad set of headers.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i find it hard to believe the headers would be totally off like this

im curious if there is some other issue .. like maybe the motor mounts were damaged causing a tilt

either way .. i hope you get it solved man

here is a daytime pic
418908_3144607530815_1954182612_n.jpg

ToddEdge

Established Member
While it was at the shop, they looked over the motor mounts and everything else that could possibly cause the issue. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. If it was off on one side only, I might think the motor was tilted but, both sides were way off. This shop installs LT's all day, every day and they commented that they have never had a set that fit so poorly.

Last edited:

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Mine also fit perfect. If you have your car lowered then prepare for them to hit on speed bumps and inclines because mine seem to sit very low to the ground.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I bet the engine is twisted in the mounts. Mine fit perfect. Since one side is low and the other is high I bet the engine twisted. Look on the top side of the engine and see if it's twisted. Passenger side valve cover high than driver?

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
This is the first i have heard of this... i was looking to purchase this setup when i get my car out of winter storage but this has me second guessing.. please let us know Lethal's input on this situation.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I've always heard the mac fit good,just coating dose not last??Any way with the install what it is I just went with ARH to begin with!!did anything look wrong when taking to old system out?may just be a bad set.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have had my MACs in since 2005.
They fit well and are close to the floor board so no scraping issues.
I am not fan of the BBKs since they have a big "dent" in one of the tubes to clear the steering shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread