It finally happened!

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Well I have had my 03 for 3 MONTHS without a single 'race'. When I had my gt it seemed like I had 1 a day. On the way home today I spot a guy in a 911 Carrera weaving in and out of traffic like crazy. I watch him hang a right onto a 4 lane (opposite direction from where I need to go) and say f'it and go after him. Catch him at a light and look over, he's like 30 with more gold on than Mr T:rollseyes . I would rev but with stock exhaust its pointless, then he looks at me, smiles and throws me a rev!! O ya its on. Rev to 1500 light turns, he shoots out FAST, 1 carlength, Im thinking o no, windup 1st power-shift 2nd, half way though 2nd its even, but I'm pulling hard. Grid 3rd(Pro 5.0 im coming) and its over. Look back at near the end of 3rd and he's 3+ back and I am pumped. I go ahead and slow down. He comes up and I was gonna give the:thumbsup: He instead decides to do a 'ricerflyby', so I hang a U and head homeward with a big :)

jason

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
From what I have been seeing. Until the stock tranny gets a little wear in it, it feels like your arm wrestling.

Nice Kill,

Helix

RingTheory

Established Member
Fine kill. :beer:

You should have followed him. He would have told you that was not a flyby, it's just that having that much gold hauling ass makes it near impossible to stop the vehicle within a short distance. ;-)

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
My first race got me thinking and I was wondering if other 03 owners are getting as much attention from other cars? I seem to get alot of people look at my car, but I dont get near the # of ppl try to run me. I had a blk/blk 35th vert and I literally got into it every other day with a import/camero/ta. It did have xpipe+flows=LOUD, wonder if sleeper exhaust is hurting. I actually cruise SLOWER in my 03 looking for ppl yet seem to get no takers? I wouldn't think that many ppl know about this car, is anyone else seeing this :??:

jason

O and actually Ring, it was probalbly due to the amount of grease that was in his hair! He gave new meaning to the term 'oily bowhunk"

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Nice kill 2thman. Nother thing you need to remember is the faster you go the less fun you get to have generally. There are a hell of a lot more 14-15 second cars around then there are 12's.

Users who are viewing this thread