It has awaken!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
The beast is alive and well. Of course its raining so wont know much til its dry out. Time for a dyno!
On a side note. I also fixed my 93 electrical gremlin. I installed my Cobra mass air sensor and uploaded the mass air transfer function and it's doing ALLOT better. Now to get my Vortech back on! Maybe I wont sell it! j/k
btw- I've been offered an MRT catted for $350 new. hmmm :beer:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Hey Welcome back!

By the sounds of it, you wanted to make a boom with the homecoming:rockon: Glad to hear that you got the belt situation ironed out and can't wait to see the numbers.

What dyno you thinkin of going to? Might want to tag along to finally get my a/f numbers. Rick mentioned that it might be very difficult to get a bung welded onto the stock H... didn't you have one in your's?

I haven't gotten the Stiegy on... Hermann told me to hurry up and get it done! Might have to get this on:poke:

How was the lower install??? PITA or did it go ok? I swapped out the IRS sub bushings... holy moses that a chore!

MRT for you too, huh? Oh my!

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Prob go to CC since thats the one I've been using. I did have them(CC) install the bung but they said after mine the rest would have to be dropped and therefor extra money.
Prob a no on the MRT. It goes against everything I want for this car except the power. I've seen a few running around on the boards and they have 20-30 more hp/tq. Its just too loud for this car. I like it somewhat quiet. My 93 is the loud one. The blower swap is easy. Dont be scared!

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Good to know... when I get the blower in, might switch to a 3.10 and 4lb lower but we'll see what numbers are with the 2.80 and the Stieg.

Good to hear the Mystic is alive and kickin'!

Christian

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
RickSvt said:
You can handle the MRT H.....hahaha.........christian, lets do the blower this weekend....WOOT

Rick

Hey is that why you called??? Sorry I wasn't able to return you call (I'm sure you'll still be :burn: me for it). Our 'lil one has been sick and whatever time I had I've been working - not the car, but my daytime job...lol!

Sorry again!

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Christian. Let me know when you want to get a dyno run. We can go up together if you want. Maybe get Wiz in on it as well if he's done.
I'll be tuning all this week. Gotta wire up more leads for data logging on my WB kit so I can get MAF, TPS and timing as well. This will help James to make the next tune perfect.

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Choice! Will do. Probably will be toward the end of the week - might have to got to Jersey for work, but should only be a turnaround at most (yeah, lookin' real forward to that nightmare!) I hope that's ok? Should know more by Tuesday and if I end up here, I can meet you guys at Carb for the runs! Let me know when during the week you plan on going.

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Really just shootin from the hip. Dont even know what CC has scheduled. I just know I'll be wanting to know some numbers! Not in a rush since I'm more interested in my tune than the numbers. I'll be checking my a/f ratio with my WB kit during the week so the hp/tq numbers can wait till you guys get done.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be up for a dyno run if I can make it fit my schedule. Greg, good to see you're back. Let's see what that monster is puttin' down.
Christian, looks like you're goin' nuts too. Does it ever stop? lol

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Hey, its gonna cost 75 for 3 pulls up at Marysville speed if you guys are interested as well. Christian, work, in jersey, sucks to be you....hehe

rick

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
RickSvt said:
Hey, its gonna cost 75 for 3 pulls up at Marysville speed if you guys are interested as well. Christian, work, in jersey, sucks to be you....hehe

rick

No doubt... I'll be flying out mid morning tomorrow. Good news/bad news is that I'll be back tomorrow night. Don't really know why but gotta go.

wizbangdoodle said:
Does it ever stop? lol

You, too, will succumb to the overwhelming power of the mod side:beer:

Shangsta said:
Hey Rick and christian when you put the stieg on let me know cause i might have to do this mod in the future and i would like to watch/help

Will do. But as Greg said and I have read, the instructs on the Stieg site is very clear and straight forward. Of course, I say this without Greg's insight of ACTUALLY having done this, but I'm sure it is (for the most part) just as it says on the site. In saying that though, an extra pair of hands is always a good thing! :thumbsup:

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'll need another tune. I'm way lean everywhere. Can't even get close to a full run. Hope James is awake!
I was able to make a pull this morning. I must have had belt slip for a little bit. Was only getting 12-13 psi. During the drive home I stepped into it and got the rattles but I was seeing at least 15psi. No belt slip at all. Must have needed to break in the belt. Now I'm always seeing 15+psi. Oh well. Guess I'll be driving/tuning the 93 tomorrow.

Joe5.0

Established Member
All of our parts come in Tommorow, except for wheels and tires.....so we wouldnt mine getting on the dyno either, would like to see the gains. So Mystic u are now awaiting a tune? I can only guess how fast your car is now. :)

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Got one tune already but its too lean.
This morning I made a quick 60-80mph blast and I could actually feel the car torque over till I lifted. Felt like it was right on the edge of breaking lose. Hope I get another tune soon.

Users who are viewing this thread