It has begun...motor removal/install

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
For those of you that don't know i developed a rod knock in my motor and decided to do a built MMR 900 SB. Started tonight at 7:30 ish and ended @ 12am ish. I have a trip to LI NY tom. for my updated cylinder heads and the assembly of the motor will begin tommorrow night. There were no visible signs of piston damage and i am convinced its a rod bearing issue. I am hopefully going to be firing this bad boy up sunday sometime. Here's a few pics of the process and my buddy Dave (Juiced46) hard at work.

motorswap002.jpg

motorswap005.jpg

motorswap007.jpg

motorswap008.jpg

motorswap010.jpg

MMR stuff...

motorswap011.jpg

motorswap014.jpg

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I think it's because he's working on his buddy's car until midnight and I don't see a beer in sight!!

Dave doesn't drink.....he likes apple juice and flintstone vitamins :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good luck with the project Jay. Hey, that's not Dave's brother's place in Wallingford, is it? Last time I was there I didn't notice a lift.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Good luck with the project Jay. Hey, that's not Dave's brother's place in Wallingford, is it? Last time I was there I didn't notice a lift.

Sure is..lift was just done a few months ago.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
postban said:
Daves finger seems to be stuck

Just showing some love to my buddy with the camera lol.

Bob, I put the lift in beginning of July @ the shop. Best investment I have made for the car :banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Juiced46 said:
Just showing some love to my buddy with the camera lol.

Bob, I put the lift in beginning of July @ the shop. Best investment I have made for the car :banana:
Wow Dave! Frankly I'm not surprised at all. You've been working on these motors as long as I've known you and you not only know what you're doing, but your attention to detail is second to none. I'd say you have a great future ahead of you if you're launching into this more as a business than a side job. Best of luck with Jay's car. I have no doubt it will be a work of automotive art when you finish. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread