its back: 2018 gt500

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe in your mind, you like me better because I now rep a Ford SVT product instead of a bowtie?

Placebo effect.

Promise Im the same guy. Lol

That is the weirdest forum color format. Could not change my forum scheme to anything other than black background.

View attachment 86393

Maybe I just notice the posts more/less, but I feel like before you bought it your posts were 100% anti ford, mustang never compared to chevy, etc. And now they seem more brand neutral and realistic. It wasn't necessarily when you bought it, but around that time frame. Maybe when you started considering it lol.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe I just notice the posts more/less, but I feel like before you bought it your posts were 100% anti ford, mustang never compared to chevy, etc. And now they seem more brand neutral and realistic. It wasn't necessarily when you bought it, but around that time frame. Maybe when you started considering it lol.

Definitely placebo effect.

NEVER been anti-ford.

My views havent changed:

Love SVT vehicles (raptors, lightnings, cobras, shelbys). Love some chevy products (camaros and vettes). Love some dodge products (hellcat challengers and chargers, srt8 jeeps). Love some imports (GTRs, S2000s, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc). Hate the fact that ford used the MT-82 on the 5.0. Hate the looks of the S-550 cars (except GT350s). Still think the camaros are generally a better handling car, still think the camaro ss 1le is a better all around car than the 5.0.

That about covers it. Lol

Same guy. :D

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
^ when are you going to do a write up or photo shoot with the GT500? Also, some street runs bruh.

Here you go meng,

This is the only "photoshoot" I have done with it. Havent had a chance to play with the car. Only have put 2k miles on it since I have owned it, has a total of 5k miles. Spends all its time in the garage

I guess Im getting older but just dont enjoy car meets like I used to. Have never even been to a Cars and Coffee with the Shelby. It just sits.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...ros-e-pack-w-nav-shaker-pro-5k-miles.1135853/

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
All I have to go by right now is Ring times. ZL1 beat the R by 3 seconds. ...

Oh god! Come on, man. I thought that everybody knew by now that time was bogus. The GT350R has never been run around the Nurburgring for an "official" time. However, let's say that is a real time. Only 3 seconds faster? The Nurburgring has the longest straights in the world and a lot of turns where you just keep going flat out. With 124HP/161TRQ more than the GT350R, you would think the ZL1 could put way more than 3 seconds on the R on a 13 mile track. If those times were real, that would mean the R was absolutely killing the ZL1 in the tight twisties, which would also mean the R would be faster on a tight track.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh god! Come on, man. I thought that everybody knew by now that time was bogus. The GT350R has never been run around the Nurburgring for an "official" time. However, let's say that is a real time. Only 3 seconds faster? The Nurburgring has the longest straights in the world and a lot of turns where you just keep going flat out. With 124HP/161TRQ more than the GT350R, you would think the ZL1 could put way more than 3 seconds on the R on a 13 mile track. If those times were real, that would mean the R was absolutely killing the ZL1 in the tight twisties, which would also mean the R would be faster on a tight track.

Come on man, you know if the roles were reversed, you'd be touting the heck out of their Ring times. Lol...

Ring time is the best we have to go by as of right now. The 6g 1le is already proven faster than the non R 350s. Im pretty certain that the ZL1 will be faster than the R.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
But that 'ring time isn't real. HP Kings posted that garbage, other publications picked it up that should have known better, and the world (Camaro guys, in particular) are holding on to it like pitbulls. It's not a real time.

Users who are viewing this thread