Its been a long ride to mid tens

acatalon

Established Member
I finally got my car into the mid 10's, After the Whipple was installed a while back its been steady up hill climb to reach my goal on the stock suspension. I went from 11.06 with the Eaton to 10.57 with the whipple 2.3 with stock upper and a two lbs. lower. I know that its got a little more in it . About a month ago I grabbed a 1.54 60ft Sundays numbers are listed below
1.61 60ft
4.49 330ft
6.85 1/8 th
105.05 mph
8.88 1000 ft
10.577 1/4th
133.45 mph Modifications: Aluminum block
Diamond Pistons
stk heads
stk crank
2.3 Whipple
stk upper
2lbs lower
60lbs injectors
dual ford gt pumps
dual drivers
Spec 3+
3.55 FORD GEARS
Viper spec 6speed
Hoosier 16" slicks
stk shafts
SCT tuning by Stang Hi
6pt cage
3860 lbs with driver

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
How many lbs is it at with just the 2#? Why so low on the boost? You could of easily hit mid tens just by upping the boost and or adding race gas?

acatalon

Established Member
It was partly due to wanting to see what i could do in terms of minimum mods without throwing the sink at it. Had plenty of opportunity to step it up, 18lbs of boost and 21 degrees with race fuel. This is still a street car by any definition. Just like the diversity of both worlds.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
So your block is your only weight reduction?

And your running 10.5s on stock irs and 3.55s with a 2.3 at 18lbs on race fuel and a 6 speed?

acatalon

Established Member
Yes Block is aluminum, reused my crank and rods. Modular performance assembled short block for me. The k-member is still stock too, no headers etc. Full interior, battery moved to back. Full length sub frame connectors.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
thats awesome man, still on stock compression?

What are the plans now?
Keep working on it with the current set up or changing things?

acatalon

Established Member
Time to work on suspension and possibly go with a 4lbs lower.(compression is close to stock) I have a long way to go if I want to catch up with my brother running 9.30 with his Cobra (I am not trying to catch him) his car is a beast...stroker kit, whipple 2.3, c4 solid rear, severe weight reduction, big stuff 3 electronics etc

Last edited:

acatalon

Established Member
I have an 8.8 that is on layaway with my friend Gene, If I go tubular I want a setup that does not make the car noisy and unsafe for street use. Hadn't figured what I could remove and keep it looking stock

acatalon

Established Member
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9721/wqo.mp4 This is how my brother launches..poor qualiy video from iphone, but you get the idea. That scared everyone there inluding him. Normally the front comes down when 2nd gear is pulled, but it kept climbing. Dragged the rear bumper and nearly pushed struts thru the hood.

Last edited:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
sounds good, I'm currently building an 8.8 for mine as well.

I ran a QA1 k member and arms for mine that I'm about to swap into my cobra as well.

Probably not greatest of them all but its light and doesn't make tooo much noise

acatalon

Established Member
It dynos around 600 hp, I think the 30 inch tires and the converter mess with the results on the dyno but the track numbers speaks volumes for how it performs. He 60 fts in the low 1.30 range.

Users who are viewing this thread