It's coming!!! August issue 12.25 @117

R1Lello

Established Member
I haven't seen it but someone is connected to the editor. Note, "Milan not the fastest track either." Sounds like a stock run too, and should run 11's with sticky street tires.

I was going to call this post ''Where are all the haters now Part 2 " but I won't, I'll be nice this time.........kind of tough on this site though...........so many haters. August issue should be a best seller!!!

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1583

Last edited:

broeli

Established Member
No surprise. I think everyone thought Evan would tick off a low 12. BUT, there were predictions of Evan pulling off an 11 sec pass and 120mph traps...neither of which happened. :( Isn't that only about .1-.2 quicker than he pulled with the '03?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm waiting for someone to run one with 3:90 or 4:10 gears!?!? :idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

What will gears do? That's also my question.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
broeli said:
No surprise. I think everyone thought Evan would tick off a low 12. BUT, there were predictions of Evan pulling off an 11 sec pass and 120mph traps...neither of which happened. :( Isn't that only about .1-.2 quicker than he pulled with the '03?

Yeah .2 quicker than the 03 and .1 quicker than the 00 R.

bunk22

Established Member
Maybe he should drive a stock C6 Z51 down the quarter as well. A regular joe has posted a best of [email protected] in a C6 so Evan Smith might even do better. I think MM&FF or GMHighperformance should do their own shootout. Better drivers, better times.

CaDDy

Banned
Does he state in the article if he indeed powershifts or not?

Either way thats a good run, cant wait until a pullied and tuned GT500 finds its way into his hands :burnout: .

jman345

Banned
broeli said:

Like i said before evan wont be the only one to get low 12s he still will get low 12s i know that for a fact but other people will get low 12s also i been telling people to keep there names on the waiting list for this car is going to be badass everyone was like im dissapointed with the car cause its running high 12s and stuff bullshit i knew those people at C&D and road and track dont know how to drive this awesome news looks like this car is in the same performance as the viper and vette now since it runs low 12s and with slicks high 11s. Let the trash talking begin bring it on vettes and vipers the shelby rules and with mods not costing much for the shelby man this car is simply amazing.

jman345

Banned
And i read the article that he posted on this site and it said evan smith was the driver. Damn they ran a 12.6 with the traction on and a 12.2 with it off really someone fire the people that drove the cars on C&D and road and track doing just a 13.1 and a 12.9.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
G. El Dorado said:
Yeah .2 quicker than the 03 and .1 quicker than the 00 R.

So IMO the big advantage with the GT500 over the 03 cobra at the track in stock trim would be the live axle. I wonder what an 03/04 cobra would have pulled in stock trim if Ford had give it a stick between it's wheels.

-Jeff

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
jman345 said:
DAMN and all it needs is gears and it will be in the 11s with stock tires damn its all over for the c6.

Yeah, none of those C6 guys know anything about gears or stickier tires or mods at all. Every Vette on the street is bone stock. Just add gears and you'll beat them all. :poke:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
What will gears do? That's also my question.

Make the lack of traction issue that much more appahrent.

First mod on a GT500 - find out if you can fit 315's out back. If not, go as wide and sticky as possible. Outside of the weight, the tires seem to be the biggest issue, this wouldn't be the first time for Ford though. My first mod has always been wide rears with a better tire.

Wide rears being wheels guys, i don't like big butts and I don't know why.........

jman345

Banned
sawman70 said:
Yeah, none of those C6 guys know anything about gears or stickier tires or mods at all. Every Vette on the street is bone stock. Just add gears and you'll beat them all. :poke:

Yeah but you forgot to mention the shelby looks alot better then the vette and the shelby is easier to mod and cheaper to mod.

jman345

Banned
And sawman all the reviews i seen from magazines they only got the c6 in the 12.5 quarter range so if you add gears to both the shelby and c6 the shelby will win cause from the magazine the shelby will run 11s pretty awesome for a car that wieghs 3900 pounds and people said not to put the mustang in the same performance as the vettes please vettes suck i cant wait for people to slap them around when the shelby gets on the streets.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
315's are possible with the right backspaced wheel . They will stick out way wide of the fenders, but if you are running at the track does it really matter. Now, I wouldn't want that look on the street though.

-Jeff

bunk22

Established Member
jman345 said:
Yeah but you forgot to mention the shelby looks alot better then the vette and the shelby is easier to mod and cheaper to mod.

Looks are subjective so that is a non player and has nothing to do with performance. The GT500 is yet to be released to the public so how cheap is it to do mods? If it isn't easy to do a pulley swap anymore, might be a bit more expensive than the 03's. As far as the C6, it seems a tune and headers can put one in the 11's (good driver) and it is expensive, long-tubes cost about $1500 on average.

bunk22

Established Member
jman345 said:
And sawman all the reviews i seen from magazines they only got the c6 in the 12.5 quarter range so if you add gears to both the shelby and c6 the shelby will win cause from the magazine the shelby will run 11s pretty awesome for a car that wieghs 3900 pounds and people said not to put the mustang in the same performance as the vettes please vettes suck i cant wait for people to slap them around when the shelby gets on the streets.

You sure like magazine racing. It seems, if going from your mags, the only area the GT500 will match or beat a c6 is in a straight line. The quickest C6 has gone 12.23, not the norm, but it still beats the posted MM&FF GT500 time by .02 secs!!! Not really a true comparison, different tracks on different days but I thought I would throw that tidbit to throw off your world, even if for a brief second. I know, there has to be a magazine out there that will beat that time........has to be!!!

jman345

Banned
bunk22 said:
You sure like magazine racing. It seems, if going from your mags, the only area the GT500 will match or beat a c6 is in a straight line. The quickest C6 has gone 12.23, not the norm, but it still beats the posted MM&FF GT500 time by .02 secs!!! Not really a true comparison, different tracks on different days but I thought I would throw that tidbit to throw off your world, even if for a brief second. I know, there has to be a magazine out there that will beat that time........has to be!!!

You show me a magazine where a c6 got 12.23 in the quarter hell the 06 z06 only got a 11.2 in the quarter i call bs and mph mag got a new z06 in the 11.8 noway a c6 stock will go 12.2.

jman345

Banned
bunk22 said:
Looks are subjective so that is a non player and has nothing to do with performance. The GT500 is yet to be released to the public so how cheap is it to do mods? If it isn't easy to do a pulley swap anymore, might be a bit more expensive than the 03's. As far as the C6, it seems a tune and headers can put one in the 11's (good driver) and it is expensive, long-tubes cost about $1500 on average.

Have you ever seen where it cost alot to mod a mustang no thats how i know it will be cheap to mod a shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread