Its gone :(

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
I have been delaying this post for a long time. I sold my 98 cobra a little over a month ago for 6k with 113k miles on it. About a year and a half ago I was hours away from selling it for financial reasons and backed out of the sale because I could not do it. I finally made the decision because my wife and I need money towards a down payment on a loan for a house. It initially sounds like a story about someone not prioritizing his time or money to keep a car when it is not practicle to keep, but I have been a college graduate ( b.a. in kinesiology, major is phys. ed. and health) for a year now and I still have no solid form of income. No openings for a new recruit. So I have been working 3 jobs (IKEA, Ripken Baseball Acadamy, Substitute) to help my wife (first grade teacher) and I stay a float. We are renting a town home right now but are forced to move out do to the land lords personal problems, and even though my wife and I can easily support ourselves right now we have NO money saved because we had to pay for most of our own wedding. So, that goes back to us needing money for a down payment. It might sound so inmature but it gives me butterflys knowing that I sold something that represented so much to me. It represented the 5 years I worked so hard for throughout college while I attended class full time, worked 20 hours a week and played college baseball. And I loved rolling with my dad and my cousins (who own mustangs a lot faster then mine lol) to local car spots and feeling a part of my families legandary history of mustangs. But now, not knowing when ill ever be back in a mustang really hurts me. But I am happy my wife and I can really start our lives together once I start teaching or get into paramedic school. Its more then just a car to me, its a way of life and I miss it already. Sorry for the book. A drunk mans words are a sober mans thoughts right lol!?

Last edited:

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
Sorry to hear it. You will love having a house - it is your place to do whatever you want. And then when things turn around for you, you will get into another mustang.

My mustang isn't fast or super clean, but I can't imagine having to sell it.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
You will have a mustang in the future so good luck with every thing and enjoy life as it is now.Time flies by and you'll eventually get the car you want!!!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
A car is easy to replace later on in life when things turn around. You did what had to be done to put you and your wife on a more secure footing instead being burdened. Best of luck getting a full time job and a "new" Cobra in the future.

mark23svt

Established Member
Who knows bro u might eventually buy the same one thats what happened to me, i sold it due to personal issues about a year later i bought it back. Your mind and heart are in the right place brother so the time will come.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Its tough to let go of something that seems like such a big part of you. But in the grand scheme of things... they're not much.
I'm in the process of selling both of my Mustangs thinking it would take a HUGE chunk out of my mortgage. And then once the mortgage is paid for... then an entire new world is open to you!
You'll get another one and chances are it will be nicer.
No worries!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
did what ya had to do, although I have already told the fiance Im not selling my mustang, simply put my daily is a 250k nissan maxima, its a beater and I need to have something else in case it breaks down. Plus I would only end up losing my butt on the car so not much point in it. Luckily she agrees.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^^^^brilliant...if i have to sell something the cougar goes first then my saturn then just have to slum it in the cobra ehehehe.....but hey i feel ya man, my parents werent doing to well about a year ago and i was going to sell my car to help them with some bills even tho they hadnt put a cent into my car it was all me and about 8 years of working my butt off for it..and buying parts etc..well goodluck and theres always more out there

skate47e

Established Member
dam, i was hoping this wasnt one of those stories. Im sorry to hear about that. But soon enough you'll be in another one. and a house is awesome. good luck with everything

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Congrats on the house.. I was in your shoes about a year ago... sold the last one for a downpayment on a house. You'll be back im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread