Its Official, Pricing

vipergts281

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
any type of $40k loan is stupid. it is dumb. if you need 40 grand to buy a 45k dollar car you can not afford the car. and people wonder why we have credit problems? :bash: :beer:
Not everyone has tons of extra money sitting around. That is why we have financing.

OPM.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Do you just follow me around and look to argue?

No one ever said it was the smartest thing to do. But it is an option. And you do realize you can do a 10 year loan, right? So a $43,000 loan for 10 years at 6% is $477.39 a month. Total cost of the loan after 10 years would be $57,286.80. If you were to do the "smart thing", as I'm sure you would say, and do a 5 year car loan it would be $831.31 a month. That would end up costing $49,878.60 over the life of the loan. So it is a $7,408.20 difference....not that significant. And it could mean the difference between someone getting the car or not.

The other advantage to using the mortgage route is that most folks can deduct the interest from their taxes...

I also disagree that "a loan is a bad idea". How many folks jumped on 0% financing deals? Why not use someone else's money while you pay off the car one month at a time (with no penalty whatsoever)? If I can get more interest putting my money somewhere else then the cost I have to pay someone else to use their money, I'm ahead...and smart.

As stated, financing is a tool for folks to use to "afford" things. Some folks use it unwisely, but there are some that are smart about it.

DoubleX

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Not everyone has tons of extra money sitting around. That is why we have financing.

OPM.

the reason no one has money lying around is because people finance. the fastest way into debt is to buy something you cant pay for. actually that is definition of debt. the smart people mortgage a house and pay cash for everything else including luxury items such as 40k dollar cars. unfortunately i am not there yet. and that is why i am not getting a gt500 or a used 03/04 mustang svt.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
good job Ford, break a leg on the horse and maybe have to shoot it:kaboom: . I am glad I got a STI :pepper:

edit: Ford, get a clue about everything, no wonder your tanking worse than the Titanic (this coming from a former cobra owner[which I miss:(])

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
doublex said:
The other advantage to using the mortgage route is that most folks can deduct the interest from their taxes...

I also disagree that "a loan is a bad idea". How many folks jumped on 0% financing deals? Why not use someone else's money while you pay off the car one month at a time (with no penalty whatsoever)? If I can get more interest putting my money somewhere else then the cost I have to pay someone else to use their money, I'm ahead...and smart.

As stated, financing is a tool for folks to use to "afford" things. Some folks use it unwisely, but there are some that are smart about it.

DoubleX

another advantage to putting a car loan on the mortgage is that when you cant make the car payment, you will not lose the car, you will lose your freakin house. nice. :idea:

gotwood

Established Member
I am going to drop in a built Teksid motor with a whipple or turbo and save alot of dough instead of buying a GT500. If the price drops, as with the 03 Cobras, I will buy one.

Where did you hear Ford is on the verge of Bankrupcy,and who would finiance a car for 10 years. Not too smart if you have too finiance a car for 10-years. I know I would leave it where it is if I had to finiance a car for Ten-Years,not a good Finiance Decission.Just my thoughts.

vipergts281

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the reason no one has money lying around is because people finance. the fastest way into debt is to buy something you cant pay for. actually that is definition of debt. the smart people mortgage a house and pay cash for everything else including luxury items such as 40k dollar cars. unfortunately i am not there yet. and that is why i am not getting a gt500 or a used 03/04 mustang svt.
Dude, you are killing me. I never said for someone to buy something they can't afford. I just threw out another option that someone can use to aquire a car.

According to your logic, do NOT finance things, why do people finance a house? According to you, they should just pay for it in cash. Oh wait, that's right, because 98% of people don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars lying around. So what do they do, they borrow the money and pay it back over the years. Did you happen to miss my post where I wrote "OPM"

Do you know what OPM stands for?

ON D BIT said:
another advantage to putting a car loan on the mortgage is that when you cant make the car payment, you will not lose the car, you will lose your freakin house. nice. :idea:
Who says the person won't make the payment. Breakthrough here....only finance things you know you can make the payments on every month. :idea: If someone refi's their home and uses their equity to buy a $50,000 car but yet they know they won't be able to afford the monthly mortgage payment, then that is on them. It wouldn't make it a dumb thing to do for everyone.

ON D BIT said:
financing is there to make other people rich. ever wonder why credit is a multi billion dollar industry? they get rich why you are in debt. thats a real good deal. :rockon:
Yes, it makes other people rich, obviously, but it is also there for people to buy things. If we didn't have financing then most everyone wouldn't have a home.

Any other idea's you want to throw out there, go for it.

Since you seem to be so smart, let me ask you....do you own a home? Or do you rent or live at home? If you own a home I bet I could point out a thing or two that would make you look like the fool and make you aware of money that you are wasting. I'll be waiting. :read:

vipergts281

Established Member
NoSup4U said:
HAHA...... nearly 50K for a solid axle Mustang ! Too funny.
I have seen a response like this before. What does a solid axle have to do with anything? If Ford were to design and develope a new IRS for the Shelby, the price would be even higher. And most likely not worth the money for a minimal gain in handling.

GTWill

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
I have seen a response like this before. What does a solid axle have to do with anything? If Ford were to design and develope a new IRS for the Shelby, the price would be even higher. And most likely not worth the money for a minimal gain in handling.
Don't forget the added weight.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
gotwood said:
I am going to drop in a built Teksid motor with a whipple or turbo and save alot of dough instead of buying a GT500. If the price drops, as with the 03 Cobras, I will buy one.

You gonna do the K-member,coilovers and A-arms while you are at it? If you go chromoly, it's another 90lbs. off the nose. ;-)

Viperluke

Established Member
doublex said:

DoubleX

Good post! Using other peoples money is smart. Its called leverage. Used wisely it can make you very wealthy.

forane2001

Established Member
You guys are forgetting about dealer markup. ebay had a buy it now price of $79999 the other day. Dealers are not going to let these cars go for MSRP at first. Maybe if they dont sell they will

Users who are viewing this thread