Its Official : ZL1 580hp and still mostly UGLY

Leonard 95

Established Member
Is it me or the engine bay just looks like shit??? Not talking about the dirt either, at least our engine bay looks good!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Not Bad, I see them having a minimum of a 5-10k mark-up at dealers. Then pure frustration on the faces of the ZL1 owners after a quick roll race on the higway, lol.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i hope the find away to hide that engine with a bunch of plastic because that shit is uuuuuugly. and damn its a boat

04svtsnke

Established Member
I don't give a crap how much hp it has, it's a effing pig and a half....can't wait for the first mag out testing the new gt500 and this thing... Should be interesting....

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
gosh the 2010+ gt500 interior is soo much better than the camaro's! thats the only thing i don't like about them. Love the exterior styling though.

Kimcobra

Established Member
Those press cars are never what they say they are. Just a tool to get the mullet wearing guys in a hissy, [LOL sorry couldn't resist] lets wait and see what the production car really brings to the table.:beer:

DaFreak

Established Member
This car is simply not attractive (at least on the exterior/interior). People are willing to pay an ADM for this? I just don't get it.

Also, "magnetohydrodynamicalgezundheit" is a pretty big word for a drunk! lol

6.0GTO

Established Member
Say what you want about the looks and the weight. If you notice what tires are coming on that car my prediciton is, stock vs stock the ZL1 is going to school the GT500.

The CTS-V with less power and tire makes a decent race with the GT500.

beave

Established Member
Lol at them mentioning a better power to weight than the GTR too, GTR would walk that camaro all day.

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
Say what you want about the looks and the weight. If you notice what tires are coming on that car my prediciton is, stock vs stock the ZL1 is going to school the GT500.

I raced almost every cts-v (coupe and sedan) in my area and non of them could even keep up with my 2011 GT500 when it was stock...I have a video if i could find it to show how i smoked one by 1 + car length...

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member

Looks are subjective, so some will love it and some won't.

The real turnoffs for me are the lack of forged pistons, and almost too much technology from the factory, and chubby curb weight exceeding that of my 4 door grocery getter. The Shelby is a pretty good modding platform where you can slam the suspension and add gobs of power just by bolting on Ford Racing parts. The GM cars seem to require too much custom engineering to do the same. Even getting GM CTS-Vs to 600Rwhp requires deep pockets for heads, cam, headers, custom work....... on the GT500 we call 600Rwhp 'stage 1' :thumbsup:

Yellow Horse

Established Member

Who cares about stock but a bunch of Cheby clown boys and magazine racers.

On slicks the 2011-2012 bonestock GT500's will be right with it. The 2013 will "school" the ZL1.

Put a twin screw and it's going to be a butt gouging.

ZL1 owner gets tired of getting butt gouged and applies more boost to the cheap pistons and rods.

ZL1 goes snap, crackle, pop puking parts all over the track.

cmsnake

Established Member
looks are subjective, so some will love it and some won't.

The real turnoffs for me are the lack of forged pistons, and almost too much technology from the factory, and chubby curb weight exceeding that of my 4 door grocery getter. The shelby is a pretty good modding platform where you can slam the suspension and add gobs of power just by bolting on ford racing parts. The gm cars seem to require too much custom engineering to do the same. Even getting gm cts-vs to 600rwhp requires deep pockets for heads, cam, headers, custom work....... On the gt500 we call 600rwhp 'stage 1' :thumbsup:
+1

Users who are viewing this thread