Its Official : ZL1 580hp and still mostly UGLY

Kewlv8

Established Member
again, there are CTS-Vs that have been running around for a year plus at 700+RWHP. the LSA can go about as far on a stock short block as the GT500 5.4l.

I am not talking about Nitrous cars peak HP or one-off custom builds. The average LSA that is modded within the 'safe' limit is running between 620 - 640 RWHP. It takes multiple thousands of dollars in parts (heads, cam, headers, custom tuning) to hit what is a low HP number in the Shelby. Lots of internut noobs see a 700HP number for the LSA advertised and think it is RWHP, but it is not. Most tuners advertising V700 packages are putting down about 620Rwhp.

You speak of 700 RWHP like that is some kind of high water mark to get excited about..... for the GT500 it is just another day at the office....:poke:

Fact is, the non-forged LSA has less upside capability than the 5.4, and the LSA mods are more costly than the 5.4 if you are adding power . You can argue about the margin all day long, but it does not change that fact.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I like GM cars and owned several LSX cars but with the history timing chain failures, oil pump failures, lifter failures, rockers failing, and broken balancers, I wouldn't feel comfortable getting a ZL1 even if it did have forged internals.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I am not talking about Nitrous cars peak HP or one-off custom builds. The average LSA that is modded within the 'safe' limit is running between 620 - 640 RWHP. It takes multiple thousands of dollars in parts (heads, cam, headers, custom tuning) to hit what is a low HP number in the Shelby. Lots of internut noobs see a 700HP number for the LSA advertised and think it is RWHP, but it is not. Most tuners advertising V700 packages are putting down about 620Rwhp.

You speak of 700 RWHP like that is some kind of high water mark to get excited about..... for the GT500 it is just another day at the office....:poke:

Fact is, the non-forged LSA has less upside capability than the 5.4, and the LSA mods are more costly than the 5.4 if you are adding power . You can argue about the margin all day long, but it does not change that fact.
oh hey, i remember you now! here, i'll just go on and repost this...
Vette Doctors CTS-V 821HP/846TQ
664RWHP no juice - 821RWHP with juice - stock short block - automatic

Rods and Pistons for Forging LSA?
707RWHP no juice - stock short block - automatic

Had a car tap 730HP yesterday.
730RWHP(backed down to save the clutch/not enough injector) - stock short block - stick

Dyno Numbers 685/633 uncorrected
685RWHP - stock short block - automatic

just a handful, plenty more out there if you feel like wasting your time.
fact is the LSA is damn near dead even in max short block HP, regardless of what the internals are made of. anyone around here will tell you that 750-800 at the wheels is the 'safe limit' for the shelby. if you want to go farther than that then the shelby wins, as you'll need an aftermarket block in any performance car GM makes to feel comfortable over 1k.

now, i know your gonna pick this apart and add all these exceptions - "well, the GT500 short block can hold more HP than any solid axle car!!!" - but numbers matter and the rest is bullshit.

The LS3s don't have forged internals and I've seen some making in the 700s to the rear wheels.
LIES!!! lmao, don't worry about that guy, all he does is build lots of strawmen to try to be "right".

Last edited:

mustang loco

Established Member
Sorry guys but for me I'm definately a "muscle car guy",I love Mustangs,especially Cobra's and Shelby's but also like the Challenger,especially with the new 392's,ChargerSRT-8(2012') and have to admit even the camaro's...actually can't wait to see the ZL-1's reviews and see what it can do againts our 500's...stock vs stock though,but definately hear and agree with the fact that our 5.4's can take much more and make more with our blocks...(but with $$ anythings possible... regardless what you drive)went to the track this week-end and saw a bunch of imports with license plates runnig low 10's high 9's...just sayin'.Just my honest opinion,and I'm very happy to see/be part of this new "muscle car" era....wasn't around the first time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread