I've decided and THANK YOU !

Nervouswreck

Established Member
On one of my last posts I needed help with trying to make up my mind with either to go Longtubes or stay with my Manifolds , all of your input really helped so I wanted to just say thank you , I'm gonna stay with my Manifolds for a couple reasons . The big two is Ground clearance and room to work under there . So now this leads me to my next thing I thought I'd hit everyone up on , " MID-PIPES" , I've always been a big fan of MAC , I love the way there exhaust sounds on a Terminator, and I guess that's a good thing because after researching some mid pipes I've been reading on how if you choose to go with a MAC PRO CHAMBER it really makes a huge difference in your power IF you opted not to go with headers !!!!!!! So my question for all of you is " do you agree with MAC pro chamber being a good choice for my car ?" And if not can you throw some opinions at me on mid pipes I should consider?

I'm going cat less , and 2.5 " , and once again thank you guys ! Justin

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally will never buy a mac product again. On my foxbody I used a lot of there stuff. Long story short, there customer service sucks. I had a problem with there header collector not mating up with there prochamber mid pipe. They kept saying it was installed wrong, even providing them pictures. The guy that installed it is a nhra certified for roll cages, yet he can't install exhaust? He had to fabricate more piping to make it work, because Mac wouldn't do anything about it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I think most mid pipes are generally in the same ballpark as far as gains. i personally run a UPR X pipe on my 03 because the price is low and it sounds good. I'm sure if I bolted on any other mid pipe I wouldn't notice any power gains. The dyno might show a little more or less, but nothing substantial.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buy what sounds best to you. I wouldn't sweat a slight power loss, if that were to be the case. If you like the ProChamber, go with it. Otherwise, do a search here as there have been lots of threads over the years that discuss/review the various options. You can also go to YouTube and do a search on '2003 Cobra Exhaust', or '2004 Cobra Exhaust', or similar. There are a lot of videos there that should help you decide, as well. Again, put your priority on the sound you're looking for, not on a few ponies more or less. You likely won't "feel" any power gain/loss, but you will certainly hear the exhaust every time you drive. If the sound isn't what you really wanted, you'll regret your choice in the long run.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I personally will never buy a mac product again. On my foxbody I used a lot of there stuff. Long story short, there customer service sucks. I had a problem with there header collector not mating up with there prochamber mid pipe. They kept saying it was installed wrong, even providing them pictures. The guy that installed it is a nhra certified for roll cages, yet he can't install exhaust? He had to fabricate more piping to make it work, because Mac wouldn't do anything about it.

This is exactly how I feel about BBK. I do think Mac is kind of cheap but still want a prochamber after hearing my friends. I will however never buy another BBK product. The stuff I got on my fox is ok. But I always battled problems with there clamshell x pipe on my 01 Cobra years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Look into Bassani X too. If I didn't already have an off road X on my car when I got it, I'd go that route but I like the sound of X better than pro-chamber. Just personal choice there though

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Look into Bassani X too. If I didn't already have an off road X on my car when I got it, I'd go that route but I like the sound of X better than pro-chamber. Just personal choice there though

I had Bassani and UPR, Bassani now. Having the choice of switching cats or not is nice in emissions states. Bassani flanges are nicer, UPR is just cut plate. Unfortunately the Bassani in my experience is more prone to leaks due to it having additional junctions.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I completely agree with CobraBob. Go with the sound you personally like best. YouTube has tons of sound videos that helped me out when I was looking for an exhaust. I've heard and personally experienced nothing but good things from Bassani.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I've had a Mac Prochamber on my car since I bought it a few years ago, and I just recently finally installed a Bassani x-pipe and catback. The Prochamber had a great sound, but it was too loud for me. I love the way the Bassani x-pipe and catback sounds, but there are a few times when I miss the loudness of the prochamber. If you happen to be near the Houston area, you could buy the Mac Prochamber off me to try it out. I'm selling it along with the catback I took off the car pretty cheap just to get rid of them. Don't want to deal with shipping them though.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
The pro chamber should be quieter than an off road X. did you have a different muffler/catback on there with the pro chamber? One is a chambered mid vs straight through

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just be aware that cat less cars are a lot louder than catted cars, and they also blat and pop. I stayed with stock iron manifolds and factory catted H-pipe all these years for a specific reason. That reason is that I have heard how loud the car gets with no cats and how much "blat" they had. Simply put, was not the sound I was looking for. I love the way this car sound with just a Magnaflow cat back.

Rambro

Established Member
I have an MRT off road H and flowmaster 44's welded into a magnaflow CB. I prefer H pipes and chambered mufflers, clean sound and no rasp.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You're messing up.. you'll remember you made that thread when you are installing headers down the road and you had your engine out and should've done it.

And I prefer the X pipe sound over a pro chamber. I couldn't stand the pro chamber on my car. Fit and finish wasn't good either on the pro chamber. Had to cut the flange and widen it and re weld it make the studs and flange line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T3naci0usT

Terminator Lover
Established Member
Yeah you should have gone with longtubes. I love mine. Also, have heard nothing, but good stuff about bassini exhaust. I really enjoy my magnaflow though.

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I've had a Mac Prochamber on my car since I bought it a few years ago, and I just recently finally installed a Bassani x-pipe and catback. The Prochamber had a great sound, but it was too loud for me. I love the way the Bassani x-pipe and catback sounds, but there are a few times when I miss the loudness of the prochamber. If you happen to be near the Houston area, you could buy the Mac Prochamber off me to try it out. I'm selling it along with the catback I took off the car pretty cheap just to get rid of them. Don't want to deal with shipping them though.

I'd buy that off you immediately! But I live in PA

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
The pro chamber should be quieter than an off road X. did you have a different muffler/catback on there with the pro chamber? One is a chambered mid vs straight through

The Bassani x-pipe has cats installed for now (have off-road flowtubes to swap them out). When I had the pro chamber on it, I also had flowmaster mufflers with a stock catback. With the Bassani cats on and the baffles in the Bassani 4" tips on too, it's ALOT quieter than the off-road pro chamber with flowmaster mufflers that were on there before. I am curious to see how it will sound once I swap out the cats for flow tubes and take out the baffles. If it's too loud for me, I'll swap it back.

I'd buy that off you immediately! But I live in PA

I think shipping would be high and kill the deal since it would take a pretty big box to ship it. I also wanted to see if anyone local was looking to buy the prochamber and catback together first. If I can't get rid of it locally, I'll look into shipping it.

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
I ran a MAC stainless pro-chamber for a few years with their stainless cat back with no issues. The pro-chamber sounded awesome! I do agree with Bdubbs that their fox body parts back in the day didn't fit great, but their systems do sound nice. I still run the mac stainless catback, but switched out the pro-chamber for Kooks 1 5/8 stainless headers and off road X pipe. This video below isn't the greatest, but you get the idea of how it will sound. I still think you should consider headers. The sound is straight up evil!

Last edited:

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I ran a MAC stainless pro-chamber for a few years with their stainless cat back with no issues. The pro-chamber sounded awesome! I do agree with Bdubbs that their fox body parts back in the day didn't fit great, but their systems do sound nice. I still run the mac stainless catback, but switched out the pro-chamber for Kooks 1 5/8 stainless headers and off road X pipe. This video below isn't the greatest, but you get the idea of how it will sound. I still think you should consider headers. The sound is straight up evil!

My god that sounds incredible

Users who are viewing this thread