Iverson traded to the Pistons.

03R3DF1R3

Established Member
Iverson will be a free agent at the end of the season so will rasheed.
Pistons are gonna have big $$$$$ during the offseason and are gonna try to land Lebron

Robert Francis

Established Member
The salary cap was a big issue with the Pistons. And as previoulsy noted, after this trade the Pistosn will have some money to work with, although I doubt Labron James will come to the Pistons.

And also, Dumars wants a winner. And with essentially the same team as they had last year, the Pistons would probably have a similar season: win 50-55 games and go out in the second or third round in the playoffs.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Dang, I enjoyed watching Anthony and Iverson play together.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
This is honestly the 1st thing I have heard on the Pistons trying to get Lebron. That would be incredible. I know a LOT of the talk has been James going to New York at the end of his Cleveland contract, but as was eluded to earlier, the Pistons have a MUCH better chance of winning multiple champoinships than New York will for a few years to come, especialy with Boston put together the way they are.

It would be AWESOME if we could hold onto Wallace and Iverson while obatining James, but I think Dumars would have to start printing his own money to do that. Either way, I would love to see James in a Pistons uniform.

As far as the trade today, who knows. During Detroit's run of making it to at least the Eastern conference finals, they did so without any superstars. Now they have gotten rid of two of their workhorses to add a superstar, but one with a history of a bit of an atitude. the thing with sticking with their current crop of players is that as stated above, they are built to win 50 or so games, but competition now in the East, they would probaly get bouced out, or worn down to the point of not being effective in the finals by either Cleveland or Boston.

If Iverson can be a team player, and I think he has proven he can be, they can do great things. Can they win 4 out of 7 consectuive games against Boston? :shrug:

I'm very sorry to see Billups go, but we needed a bit of a shke up, and this could be the ticket. Now bring on Lebron! (to the team that is)

Last edited:

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I enjoyed watching the Nuggets play last year....Iverson and Melo are fun to watch. Then you throw in JR Smith and K-Mart and it was great. Oh well, I've always been an Iverson fan, so I wish him good luck in Detroit.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sorry but some NBA players are just destined to fail at winning a Championship. Unless they get LeBron next year Iverson will remain ringless forever. If they somehow managed to get LeBron I bet Iverson would stay just because he knows that would be his last shot at a Title.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
What happen to their plan on getting Lebron?

Iverson is only a 1 year deal and Lebron is a free agent next year. Getting rid of Billups and possibly dropping Iverson at the end of the year free's up millions.

Frankly I'm pretty excited about the Iverson trade. We needed a big time player come the playoffs. McDyess doesn't want to play for Denver. I would'nt be suprised if Detroit resigns him.

Both teams made out on this one.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Yea you guys raise some good points on this one, I guess both teams made out good on this deal.

Users who are viewing this thread