IW or ATI 10%

96cobracoupe

Established Member
Which would you guys go with I can't make up my mind.

Pros and Cons of both and the ones running either or please chime in and let me know what you think

fullboogie

Established Member
Judging by the 5,000 prior posts I've seen, I'd definitely say either one. :poke:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Judging by the 5,000 prior posts I've seen, I'd definitely say either one. :poke:

+1

We've used both units on a few GT500's that we've done projects on and both have worked great. The IW balancer comes with a new bolt (which is required when you swap balancers) where the ATI you need to purchase it separately. We stock both brands here so we can get them out same day when ordered. :beer:

IW 10% Balancer Alone
Innovators West 07-09 Shelby GT500 10% Overdrive Balancer

IW 10% Balancer with Belt
Innovators West 07-09 Shelby GT500 10% Overdrive Balancer w/Belt

ATI 15% (10% is a special order through ATI as it has to be specially machined)
ATI Shelby GT500 15% Overdrive Harmonic Balancer

Let us know if you have any questions :thumbsup:

Last edited:

96cobracoupe

Established Member
Yea that's what I have heard lethal had one fail on there car but they never mentioned what brand it was in the last fast ford magazine but they did state in the new build they was using ATI?

fullboogie

Established Member
Yea that's what I have heard lethal had one fail on there car but they never mentioned what brand it was in the last fast ford magazine but they did state in the new build they was using ATI?

You know, I remember questioning that too when I read the article. It took out the whole engine.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We had an IW balancer when the engine failed, but we DO NOT know what cause the engine to fail, so to blame it on the balancer is not fair. On the pass when the engine broke, it was on a launch where the car snapped an axle, broke the diff as well as a slew of other parts which really sent a shock through the whole engine. We have been using the IW on the 2010 GT500 for a few years now and it's been great, I believe we also had one on the 2008 when we sold it. I think one of the issues we had was not related to the balancer, but was related to having a big blower with only a single keyed balancer, kind of our fault on that one.

fullboogie

Established Member
Gotcha. I'd have to re-read the article, but I recall it sounding like the balancer failed on the dyno. Then in the next segment of the article, the author said something along the lines of "good opportunity to do a rebuild due to the engine damage." Just inferences as to what happened, so it really was unclear.

Kempf

Established Member
Hi

My Iw 10% took a huge dump today Racing a little on the German Autobahn. Can i replace it with one from Ati without correcting the tune?

Thanks.
Stephan

Users who are viewing this thread