J-jent harley style lower grill

svt1.8t

JDM BUILT BADASS
Established Member
anyone know where i can locate one of these, or a lower grill that looks pretty close to it, i have the harley grill now, but i would like a matching lower grill.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
The J-Jents isn't produced anymore, so finding one used is the only way to get a hold of it. I picked one up a few months back from another member but still haven't installed it since I'm planning on making it better match the look of the HD upper using homemade mounting brackets.

For now just do the "chrome moulding mod." It looks very good and is cheap... doing just the lower grille will require one roll of chrome moulding bought from Auto Zone, etc. Mine is 1/8" moulding but a lot of guys go with 3/8".

Here's a few pics of mine with the HD upper and chrome grille mod lower:

P3170194.jpg

P3170212.jpg

P4200415.jpg

P4200425.jpg

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
i'll try that and keep a look out for the j-jent one, unless you want to sell yours$$

No thanks :thumbsup:, I started to put it on a couple weeks ago but realized there would be more modifying than I had anticipated in order to achieve the look I'd like, so she's on hold until I can get to my folks shop to do a little metal fabrication. If you mount the J-Jents the way they're intended to mount the protrude from the front of the fascia. Personally I think it looks tacky. If you look at the HD upper you'll notice the horizontal bars sit about an inch inside the outer bezel... I want the J-Jents to sit behind the bezel as well. Doing so will require me to remove the entire center portion of the OEM lower grille so just the outer bezel remains, then make brackets that will position the J-Jents were it needs to be.

I did mask-off and paint the vertical supports on the back side of the J-Jents this past weekend so they won't be visable... at least I'm making some progress.

I tried the "Chrome Molding" kept falling off.....tried it with two different brands...

I guess I've been fortunate, I've had the same moulding in place for about a year and a half now :shrug:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread