JackHammer

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Not here, we have no emission testing. Not positive that was the reason, but I thought thats what they said.
I think I get it now. I know my Roush exhaust and exhaust tips were post title, but still passes emissions.
So Roush wouldn't sell me a car like this because I live in a state where they test the emissions. Either that, or they wouldn't do the upgrades.

Recon

Established Member
Watched a video on the Jackhammer. Seems the dealer installed blower is in fact due to emissions. They aren’t certified for a preinstalled blower yet.
Video:
Even though you don’t have emissions testing they have to treat all of them the same way.

Pick your poison.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Watched a video on the Jackhammer. Seems the dealer installed blower is in fact due to emissions. They aren’t certified for a preinstalled blower yet..

Interesting about the S/C install post-purchase, and the emissions issues. I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem at all, what with all the S/C's out there nowadays.

Am I adding the purchase price numbers correctly? I am calculating slightly over $72k for that car?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting about the S/C install post-purchase, and the emissions issues. I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem at all, what with all the S/C's out there nowadays.
Am I adding the purchase price numbers correctly? I am calculating slightly over $72k for that car?
I think Whipple and VMP are both emission certified, but not the Roush kit yet for some reason. I would think Roush would be one of the first? Hence the dealership install "post title".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome car! Congratulations! After watching @Recon's video, is yours missing part of the side stripe?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I can tell you that the install at Ray Skillman Ford was top notch1! 710 HP IS FUN!

Haha, yeah man, ~700hp is good fun. If you ever get a chance, do up a little video, with a walkaround and some driving. I'm sure there's plenty of folks here that would like a closer look (and listen)!

Best of luck with it. I'll just say that I have had some dealings with the guys at Roush tech support, and they have been terrific. Their customer service is #1 in my book. :)

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member

yes

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
new jh.jpg

Attachments

• new jh 2.jpg
    new jh 2.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 294

Users who are viewing this thread