Jacking rails crushed at jack points??

tec7426

Established Member
Had a shop called Gotera in Memphis install springs and later noticed that the jacking rails at the specified jack points were CRUSHED. Looks like the weight of the car was lifted here as someone didn't know WTF they were doing. Around Memphis I have found no-one competent of doing work right, even after paying abnormally high prices. Anyone got ideas as to the implications of this?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'd have to have your dealer check it for you to see what repairs can be done. And then see if the installer will pay for them.

You might want to consider welding on a set of Kenny Brown jacking rails. Sub-frame connectors (full length) could be installed at the same time. Just a thought that might save you some future grief if you need to jack up your car yourself with a floor jack.

tec7426

Established Member
Yea, SFC are another snafu performed by the Rod Shop of Memphis. I also have a story behind that I am putting together for a future post. I want to give the proper credit wher credit is due. As I stated, in the Memphis area, it is next to impossible to get anything done right. My experiences are these shops don't know right from jack sh*t.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Mine have been crushed for over a year. It's under the car so it really doesn't bother me. I still use them to jack the car up.

BenD

Established Member
I agree with.....

Cobra Bob

I've had the Kenny Brown system for nearly two years and would buy it again and again.

The Sub frame connectors, Matrix brace and Jacking rails welded properly forms a series of triangles. It's a strong sanitary setup. But make sure a certified welder does the work. Not ole Henry. You know ole Henry, he's been welding here in these parts for nih on 40 years. BS

A certified welder! Preferably one that works at a Premium First class Speed Shop and knows WTF he's doing! The right rod and heat temp. is very important.

Full weight of the car must be on the wheels when this is installed and welded.

Rocker panels protected with a welding blanket between the rail and the panel preventing heat transfer to the fiber glass rockers. Tires aired to same pressure so the car is sitting as level as possible on the Jack Stands, and the stands adjusted to the same height.

That' how mine was done by RMCR in Colo. Spgs., for what it's worth!

Ben

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the tips Ben. Very good advice. I hope it will help anyone thinking about going this route -- which is recommended! :)

Users who are viewing this thread