Jacksonville advice

svt99rag

Established Member
I am moving to Jacksonville soon and would like to know from locals where to go and stay away from. I will be working at NAS Jax; been looking in Orange Park, it seemed ok the short time I was there last week.

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
edit - misread - Stay away from the immediate downtown area. Far northside can be sketchy, too. Most of the westside and southside are fine.

OP is good if you will be at NAS Jax. My neighbor still does reserves there when he not flying commerical and it's about 30-40 min drive each way for him, so if commute means anything to you, stay on that side of the river.

I always wished I lived at the beach - I'd suffer thru the commute to be able to live out there, but that is easily 30-40 minutes to NAS during normal rush hour. Best of luck on the move.:beer:

Last edited:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I use to live in orange park, right off of blanding and 295. It's a pretty nice area in my opinion. I use to live on the southside right by the Regency Square Mall and it's not the nicest area in the least. I'd definitely try to live in Orange Park since NAS Jax is so close.

SVTDice

Established Member
Orange park is not bad, It just has alot of traffic sometimes. There is a meet down on Atlantic but its a mixed pot of cars. Alot more import then muscle there, Its a big meet however. But that's quite the drive from Orange park. If you want to cruise just go up to Nocotee. Nobody is there, Its great.

Anyways hopefully we see you around! Goodluck!

1s9v9t7

Demand It All
Established Member
Welcome To NAS Jax! HaHa. I just got here about 2 months ago. Surrounding areas of the base arent too bad, Orange Park is pretty cool. Still trying to find car meets and hangouts. Found a pretty cool shop, Hurricane Motorsports, in Orange Park. Gonna check out the 1/4 track in Gainsville one of these days. Let me know when you get here, we can terrorize the town.

svt99rag

Established Member
Welcome To NAS Jax! HaHa. I just got here about 2 months ago. Surrounding areas of the base arent too bad, Orange Park is pretty cool. Still trying to find car meets and hangouts. Found a pretty cool shop, Hurricane Motorsports, in Orange Park. Gonna check out the 1/4 track in Gainsville one of these days. Let me know when you get here, we can terrorize the town.

I have been in Jax since May, I am pretty much across the street from the base. I have not been there for the past 3 weeks, been working in Chicago.

i'm getting stationed in mayport in Oct, can't wait to meet up.

We have some work coming up there soon.

MikeySailor

Established Member
Heading to Jax

Whats up guys, I'm getting stationed at Mayport in 2 weeks and I want to see whats going on in the area, car clubs etc..Just purchased my first cobra and I'm excited to learn about it and meet others with them as well. My cousin does the camaro club in south florida and he said this is a great way to get involved.

black96white

Established Member
i've visited a few times never lived there. i'm a ctt , and i'm coming from p cola straight from school. :rockon: gonna kick off my navy career in mayport.

MikeySailor

Established Member
Good stuff bro, i been looking into this car club called modern mustangs of jacksonville since I haven't been getting much luck on here about it..check it out (mmjax)...its like 30 dollar membership for the year and they have monthly meetings at different places and they all go to different events and venues together..I'm leaving C school in Virginia in less than a week and I can't wait to get down there

svt99rag

Established Member
I just moved again into The Strand South Bank downtown. There are a lot of nice cars in the parking garage, spotted a silver Super Snake the other day.

geeteego

What???
Established Member
Good stuff bro, i been looking into this car club called modern mustangs of jacksonville since I haven't been getting much luck on here about it..check it out (mmjax)...its like 30 dollar membership for the year and they have monthly meetings at different places and they all go to different events and venues together..I'm leaving C school in Virginia in less than a week and I can't wait to get down there

MMJax is a huge, very well run club.

They have lots of events.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Im from Savannah but I might make it down for some meets in Jax at some point. My ex gf dates a guy there who has a pretty quick CTSV. Hes in the Navy. I was in from 01-05. I was an AT on Tomcats.

Users who are viewing this thread