Jarhead

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
Is that the one with Jamme Fox in it? If it is, I bet it is a liberal view of the war in Iraq.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
CobraZb said:
Is that the one with Jamme Fox in it? If it is, I bet it is a liberal view of the war in Iraq.
Its based of a Marines account of hte first Gulf War. Read the book :rolleyes:

CobraTone

Established Member
My brother called me as soon as he saw that preview, and he was like holy crap that's weird, then told me about how it was based on one of his good friends in high school. The dude called him a year or two after going into the marines to try to recruit my bro, but he had other plans. That would freak me out if i saw a movie about one of my high school buddies. :dw:

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
I heard Kanye West playing in the backgroung in the preview, so, prob anti war.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I think it could go either way. The book is is a tough read. He definately was not having a good time in the Corps. I dont know of many infantry or STA members that did though. It was an awesome chapter of my life but Im glad its over. Us grunts dont realy like them Assasins anyway. I can say though them poor SOB's sure humped alot of gear. I was a Machine Gunner (0331) And I didn't envy the load I would see them snipers cary.

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
I saw it Friday at a sneak peak thing here at Duke (for free no less)! It was frickin AMAZING. It's not so much pro/anti war--it's more about how it's a necessary evil. It's more about this guy's struggle with himself SET AGAINST the background of the Gulf War. I def. reccomend it!

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
If this movie is anything like Blackhawk Down or Tears of the Sun, it's gonna be bad-ass! I hear this is more of a mindf@ck-movie like Platoon or Full Metal Jacket. Either way, it's gonna be good, I know it!

-Mike

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
Scoriox said:
Shut up liberal.

Thanks for the back up. I was not aware it was a book and when you see a preview for a movie with Kynia West playing and Jamme Fox in it is pure liberal.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
regardless of who acts in it, or what music is played... that doesnt make it a liberal or convervative movie... Micheal Moore had nothing to do with it, sooo.... dont read too much into it.

ITS JUST A MOVIE, ENJOY IT FOR THAT!

Users who are viewing this thread