Jay Leno test drives GTR

25psi

Established Member
I don't think Nissan is that dumb. A lot of companies say that their engines are impossible to crack. The truth is when you have hundreds of aftermarket tuners working countless hours, the code will eventually be cracked.

BMW said the same thing about their N54. While it did prove difficult to tap into the ECU, it was done and now there are mods-o-plenty out for it.

Mitsubishi did the same with the new EVO but that is already on the verge of getting cracked.

Mines, HKS, ARC and Amuse have already produced aftermarket ecu's, downpipes and exhaust.

Mines GTR made close to 550rwhp with just an exhaust and ecu upgrade.

bubbrubb

Nice video, I love Jay Leno. Still not wild about the GTR, regardless the performance is great. Wish the exhaust note didn't sound like a blender though, tragic. I love the way the G35/350 sound from the factory.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I love that car, Jay Leno is the man. The computer for that car has already been cracked IIRC

kuruma

Established Member
"It's like a veyron with just a lot less horsepower"

If that isnt a statement of the quality of the car in itself then I don't know what is.

I would absolutely love to own this car. but $$$ ah....

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
If jay can dig it, then I can a little more at least. Just seems so industrial, and thats what I dislike most about it. The 350z is more appealing to me just because it has character.

Users who are viewing this thread