JAYVEE's 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 Build & Mods thread

Ford-4-me

Established Member
Thank You sir :beer:

Who telling?...Amen! :rockon: and now, Life is GOOD! :burnout:

todays project, COMPLETE! That was a beast of a job and my 1st time! NOOB Vinyl wrapper! lol!

BAM!!! BOOM!!! POW! How u like me now?!!!

get-attachment48_zpsa9e78cc0.jpg

get-attachment47_zpsf58c0d6d.jpg

get-attachment46_zpsc31e53fa.jpg

get-attachment45_zps578449dc.jpg

Wooooo .... Great job!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Decent build thread.

My $.02--

You need a proper upper grill and remove the stock fog lights--either put c/s lights in the lower fascia or remove them altogether. Right now the front looks unfinished in its current state with the 'placeholder' lower grill and stock upper grill/foglight combo

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Decent build thread.

My $.02--

You need a proper upper grill and remove the stock fog lights--either put c/s lights in the lower fascia or remove them altogether. Right now the front looks unfinished in its current state with the 'placeholder' lower grill and stock upper grill/foglight combo

Thanks Justin... I agree on the lower grille issue. I been wondering about that as of lately or ever since I did the boss facsia and splitter and saw my evap core with lil bends in the fins. I thought, I need something to help from that evap from getting damaged and help block road debris. But as for the upper/fogs, I like em. I do plan on "Light" smoking the lenses somewhat to match the satin stripes running down the hood in the same path. I will start there to see how that looks. If I don't like it, I will peel em off! Thanks

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It's hard to top the saleen upper with the boss lower combo on the 2011-2012. It's a great look.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
It's hard to top the saleen upper with the boss lower combo on the 2011-2012. It's a great look.

I agree to a certain extent... Sometimes it looks to washed out and plain. Especially, in all black. The fog have a vintage look to the modern Mustang design and the pony gives off a black chrome appearance without being to shinny and bling for my theme. But I can't seem to find a lower grille for the set up I have at least :( Or seem to find some damn DRAG STARS direct fit/drilled anywhere!!! :bored:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I agree to a certain extent... Sometimes it looks to washed out and plain. Especially, in all black. The fog have a vintage look to the modern Mustang design and the pony gives off a black chrome appearance without being to shinny and bling for my theme. But I can't seem to find a lower grille for the set up I have at least :( Or seem to find some damn DRAG STARS direct fit/drilled anywhere!!! :bored:

That's the beauty of these cars--sure they're all over the damn place, but there are enough options and combos to make the car truly your own.

I don't personally like the fog lights up front and the pony in the grill so I opted for a different theme to make it my own.

Car looks good, keep it up :coolman:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
That's the beauty of these cars--sure they're all over the damn place, but there are enough options and combos to make the car truly your own.

I don't personally like the fog lights up front and the pony in the grill so I opted for a different theme to make it my own.

Car looks good, keep it up :coolman:

Totally, your whip is so bad ass! Not just down the track. But your are spot on with the grille design since the blue pops so hard the grille needs to be black and clean.

Thanks J

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Ah maybe your acura was just posted up on Orlandoforums a few times. Either way nice ride!

Yeah, That cars pics have been stolen so many different times among the ACURA/Stance/VIP communities. I guess I am flattered. :coolman: Thanks

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Decent build thread.

My $.02--

Damn it JUIC3D! The more I look at the Modern Pony/Fog Light delete grille, I like it...Mostly on BLACK Mustangs with the Boss 302 fascia w/splitter. And other front end, I don't care for it. Maybe I will tint the fogs first before I actually pull the trigger just to see and feel the look. Very affordable mods with BIG change and stance to the front end appearance.

PONY ONLY DELETE:
Modern Billet Black Mustang Billet Lower Grille (10-12 GT) - Free Shipping

PONY & FOGS DELETE:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-retro-uppergrille-2010.html

ROUSH:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-upper-billet-grille-1012.html

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
impb2v.jpg

x0qs11.jpg

xpqzvk.jpg

2qum7fs.jpg

Saleen grille looks the best for our cars, looks even better in person. Along with the Roush/Boss front. 13' 14' headlights would be badass too.

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
That 1st with those side skirts *drool*

Question: Has anyone tried to remove or change the front amber blinker lights in the head light housing? Can someone tell me if the amber color is a actual colored lens or is the amber color set of by a amber bulb? Trying to find out before purchasing a chrome bulb that illuminates in amber to give a clear look to that head light turn signal. But if there is a colored lens, that won't work. Thanks

Pics above and here is example of the amber lens I am referring to

7979ae80-f48b-42ae-97fe-cfc232cb6c66_zpsa296e6e5.jpg

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
still, NO ONE? Does anyone knows if it is yellow reflector inside the blinkers or a amber bulb for color? As for any progress, I have skipped a few. But who's following or cares anyways? lol!

SD_Stang

Established Member
On my 2011 I went with a Boss 302S grille it's just liek the boss only it has no covers on the fogs just some wire mesh. it opens up the breathing more which is good for the 2011-12 cars as they have no heat extractors like the 13-14. I also did the Boss Lower Fascia. The chrome tri bar I think just gives it a nice clean appearence to.

I noticed on your build you didn't add a UCA? Have you done that yet?

I know it's a dead horse but in my opinion and others Airraid would have been the CAI to keep it uses the stock cold intak and if you look at the design it has more heat protection from the engine bay among other things.

How is the New AED Tune over the old Bama one?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
On my 2011 I went with a Boss 302S grille it's just liek the boss only it has no covers on the fogs just some wire mesh. it opens up the breathing more which is good for the 2011-12 cars as they have no heat extractors like the 13-14. I also did the Boss Lower Fascia. The chrome tri bar I think just gives it a nice clean appearence to.

I noticed on your build you didn't add a UCA? Have you done that yet?

I know it's a dead horse but in my opinion and others Airraid would have been the CAI to keep it uses the stock cold intak and if you look at the design it has more heat protection from the engine bay among other things.

How is the New AED Tune over the old Bama one?

I was speaking of the amber color in the blinker (example above) plastic lense inside vs just a amber colored bulb. As for front grill, I am set on the SALEEN conversion. As for LCA, No... Not yet. On my final parts and do's list. And LOVIN the AED Tune. Assured SAFE! So much smoother! CAR RUNS STRONG throughout! and Shaun has been 2nd to none as a one man team regarding customer service contact with response. NO CORNERS CUT! * AED *

Last edited:

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Thanks man! As for the build, its quite away further since my last post. I stopped posting because "No One Cares" per say. I am really not doing anything different that has not been done before. And compared to these guys on this forum... Pssssshhhhh! My car is a small fry...lol! :( Maybe I will update everything I have done or added since my last post bringing everything up to date. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread