Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
supercobra506 said:
with some editing you could make that a fast run:D :D :D
see fast
marlon-11edit.gif

not fast

In an effort to make the 120+ people browsing the photo forums... Happy!

I have taken the liberty to muster up an adjusted image that takes into account all the possible combinations of excuses people usually claim to make themselves look good in front of other... whats the right word here, oh yea couch potatoes. lol

So here the following ET has been corrected for but not limited to: track conditions, car not brocken into, driver not used to car, driver posing for pictures, weather, bunch of whinning people on the Internets making unrealistic assumptions, etc.

tada:

marlon-1.jpg

LOL

In case you didn't get it, this was done for Fun not to make any excuses for the car's performance. To answer someone's question above I believe Marlon said he has around 500 miles on this bad boy. I love that car!

--Russ :lol:

99NJCobra

Established Member
Well, if under 500 miles, here's a little something interesting that the Ford Tech's in my area were filled in on by Ford and also something that they have noticed when they've driven these cars. The computer is set up so that the engine doesn't see full boost till after it hits the 500 mile mark. It's done to prevent the engine from seeing too much abuse during it's initial break in period. I was told that in this break in period they're only seeing somewhere around 325hp. As to how true this is, can't be certain, but figured I'd throw it out there.

beaner

wee-man
Established Member
Riddlaontheroof said:
To the thread starter, who is that in your avatar:uh oh:

BTW a stock GT500 is capable of a 12.2 et
i have seen a couple of them run and are all slow.the fastest was a 13.2.that sucks for 500 hp and 50,000.00 plus grand.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
edit....

I did not realize that this was at raceway park. I re-read the posts, and realize that someone else posted about the 6000ft of d/a

Last edited:

mgmustang1

Established Member
Was wondering if anyone got any pics of my silver anniversary running 11.4-11.5 that day?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
mgmustang1 said:
Was wondering if anyone got any pics of my silver anniversary running 11.4-11.5 that day?

I know Andy did.

I only shot like three cars, main one being the shelby pix above.

The rest of the time I spend in the staging lanes.

--Russ

pylecobra03

pylecobra
Established Member
Everybody seems to forget about the altitude here in Denver. 6000ft you are loosing 30% power on N/A engine. S/C engines loose a bit less, however, my last dyno had adjustment of 21%. We loose about 3 psi of boost at that altitude. I don't even want to go on the drag strip here.
His time of 13.4 would actually be about 12.4 at the sea level, not bad....

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
pylecobra03 said:
Everybody seems to forget about the altitude here in Denver. 6000ft you are loosing 30% power on N/A engine. S/C engines loose a bit less, however, my last dyno had adjustment of 21%. We loose about 3 psi of boost at that altitude. I don't even want to go on the drag strip here.
His time of 13.4 would actually be about 12.4 at the sea level, not bad....
that car was run in NJ, raceway park is damn close to sea level. Where is this altitude thing coming from? So actually that 13.4 sux. I'm sure the car has far more in it than that. With plastic still on the seats I'm sure the owner wasn't going for it all on that run.

Last edited:

pylecobra03

pylecobra
Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
that car was run in NJ, raceway park is damn close to sea level. Where is this altitude thing coming from? So actually that 13.4 sux. I'm sure the car has far more in it than that. With plastic still on the seats I'm sure the owner wasn't going for it all on that run.

Sorry,
did not notice that it actually was not in Denver. Somebody mentioned it was Denver so I got that:shrug: My bad...

Users who are viewing this thread