JDM PINION snubber....and hop...wasnt my clutch

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Fargin aye, that was a funny thread! Thanks for linking it Jeff, haven't had a good laugh like that in a while.
Sure as heck was.....Had me going for a minute. And look who wanted one in the worst way:

what exactly is the pinion snubber good for?? hard to install?? i may pick this up along with that pulley i pmed you about...

Sorry to hear of your continued problems Coffin. A couple of buddies I respect a ton believe the pinion snubber is a benefit. But, there's another 100 that I know that think it's useless with our setups. Good luck with your search and I hope that does the trick for you.

silvercoffin

Established Member

Thanks...

Im in the process of buying a house now so all this will have to wait....

I'm trying on more time friday at jdm day at the track. IM going to see if I can get one of the guys from JDM to drive my car (as far as my shifting problems are concerned) this way when I finally get the car into them they will take it apart and check out all the clutch components rather than drive it down the street and tell me its fine.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
Bad huh? That must be why I was running 1.6 60fts and better times than people with Whipples run..

If you dont have anything worth while to say then dont..

I think you are a fool to spend $1000 or more on rebuilding an IRS when that simple snubber and shocks worked fantastic for years I was running 1.63-1.70 consistantly.

it is not a fool who blows thousands of dollars on something they enjoy and enjoy the money well spent, whether it be the damn irs suspension i like, and the expense also used as a business write-off when giving away a hundred thousand dollars plus to the damn i.r.s. every year. if you can find someone to fabricate the mount that jdm sold, you can get the snubber bushing just about anyplace, mm sells one, a welder could fab one up real easy, if you like i can have my welder, metal worker, fab a bunch of them, bushing can be had for 10 bucks, metal and fab work cost?, shipping from hawaii probably 20bucks.
the irs suspension may be a pain in the ass, but the i.r.s. makes me puke and and is always trying to stick it to me in the *** let me know if you like i fab some up.

Users who are viewing this thread