Jeesh! Fart cans...

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Damn they suck. I've only heard two Imports with A/M exhaust that sounded worth a crap. One was an N/A '98 Eclipse with Megan that sounded fast as hell even though it wasn't. Nice deep tone that was balanced by the Intake noise. The other was a Teggie I heard the other day that sounded sweet.

How many of you guys have heard very slow but really SWEET sounding cars?

Ben 98

Established Member
I've heard plenty oh 5.0s that sounded good but ran a high 14, but I have also heard some that sounded like azz but would run some nice et's

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I have some of the most bad ass fart cans made on my Snake.... Check 'em out! The even come with blue moisture protectors!!!

U.M.

tips2.jpg

tips1.jpg

Hoosier4.6

Established Member
With the right exhaust, I'd agree that the Subaru's don't sound all that bad. Obviously they don't sound nearly as nice as a V8, but as far as 4 bangers go, they're alright. A pal of mine had a WRX with a Borla CB and it sounded pretty good...for an import.

acrod

Established Member
the problem with the 4bangers is that so many of them get the largest possible diameter and tip you can find which makes them sound like ass. Most people dont know how to properly set up their exhaust. I used to have an talon/eclipse and it sounded pretty good, nothing like the typical pissed off bumblebee noise typical with the 4cyl ricers.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
The Subarus sound pretty good with the right exhaust. However, I have heard crappy ones on subies too and they are not very pleasant. But if done right, the Subie flat 4 boxer engine is the best sounding 4 cyl without a doubt.

BittenInBama

Established Member
SpectorV said:
ive yet to hear a very nice sounding 4 banger~
You should have heard my 86 SVO!!! Nice!

Dual 3" custom exhaust, twin flowmasters, 2-1/2" tails, and add to that the aftermarket cam--sounded VERY Good IMHO (others' too). Ford sales guy thought it was a 5.0L. Even had one guy asked me to pop hood-he didnt believe me that it was a 2.3L. He words "..aint no 4 cly sound like that"

Didnt sound like the Honda boys' cars AT ALL.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I got my ex an Apexi N1 exhaust for her 99 eclipse GS. Sounds great, no rasp at all and the large tip actually looks good because the ass end of that car is huge.

A guy in our car club at school had a EG hatch with a type R motor in it. Just put a skunk2 catback on it a few months ago and the sound is great. Perfect hum for that car without being too loud. Just got stolen 2 days ago :(

Users who are viewing this thread