JLT 12" installed...pics

mj8

Established Member
Tucker props to a sweet intake, I love the way it looks and I like the extra pound of boost that I picked up.

Photo_101605_003.jpg

Photo_101605_004.jpg

Photo_101605_005.jpg

Photo_101605_007.jpg

Photo_101605_008.jpg

04torchred

Established Member
So the intake is working good for you? I remember reading that you were a little concerned about it. I have Jay's 9" CAI kit and will definately be upgrading to the 12" once I get a ported blower or Twin Screw. Engine bay looks nice man.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Black intake and a black blower on a black Terminator. Love it! :)

LCCOBRA

Established Member
I thought this kit was for only the very high boosted cars with some 17-20lb's? I'm thinking about giving this kit a try next spring/summer after my winter build up plans :-D Any dyno numbers would be great and would like to know what you used before installing the jlt...

mj8

Established Member
04torchred said:
So the intake is working good for you? I remember reading that you were a little concerned about it. I have Jay's 9" CAI kit and will definately be upgrading to the 12" once I get a ported blower or Twin Screw. Engine bay looks nice man.

Yea I was a little concerned with some of the things I was hearing but I wouldn't trade this one for any other intake. I love the way it looks and I love that I will never starve for cold air.

mj8

Established Member
LCCOBRA said:
I thought this kit was for only the very high boosted cars with some 17-20lb's? I'm thinking about giving this kit a try next spring/summer after my winter build up plans :-D Any dyno numbers would be great and would like to know what you used before installing the jlt...

Well when I bought the kit I was planning on running a 2.76 upper and 4lb lower with the port. I have since been told to do only the 2lb lower. My tuner has had no issues tuning it and he has had success using it himself. I figure the more air the better, surely you can't have too much...well withing reason and this is clearly within reason. I will be running about 16.5lbs of boost when all is said and done.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
So If I use this intake instead of the one I have right now I could pick up a lb of boost? I may think about this when I get my ported eaton on.

mj8

Established Member
mjzilinski said:
So If I use this intake instead of the one I have right now I could pick up a lb of boost? I may think about this when I get my ported eaton on.

I did pick up one pound of boost, however, I was using the MAC CAI so it could just be that I have a better flowing intake on their in general.

Last edited:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
i plan on just buying an adapter and buying a 12 inch k&n for around 50 bucks total. :rockon:

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
MJ, so the blower did go on this weekend!! Sweet :rockon: What did the numbers turn out to be?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
mj8 said:
Well when I bought the kit I was planning on running a 2.76 upper and 4lb lower with the port. I have since been told to do only the 2lb lower. My tuner has had no issues tuning it and he has had success using it himself. I figure the more air the better, surely you can't have too much...well withing reason and this is clearly within reason. I will be running about 16.5lbs of boost when all is said and done.

I see and that makes sense. Post up your dyno numbers when you get the chance

mj8

Established Member
Modded Mystic said:
Thats looks sweeet :rockon: Do you have any pics of the filter installed?

Thanks, Mark

No I didn't have my camera at the time. I will tell you this it is very tight, if it was any bigger it would not have fit. The bottom of the filter actually touches the bottom of the fender liner, no problems from this just giving you and idea of how big this sucker is.

mj8

Established Member
KENZILLA said:
MJ, so the blower did go on this weekend!! Sweet :rockon: What did the numbers turn out to be?

Yea Travis put it on Friday night, was not able to dyno on Saturday. I think I am headed up there tomorrow night, my trip got postponed so I am still in town.

Tucker

Easy said:
i plan on just buying an adapter and buying a 12 inch k&n for around 50 bucks total. :rockon:
This is a good idea, but
The MAF adaptors are around $35 and 12" filters are $50 or more.

The other problem is there isn't enough room to put a 12" filter on using the stock upper pipeing unless you jamb it in thee and crush it. Plus, your getting hot engine air. I'd try to find a shield to block that heat at low speed.

This kit was built for high boost Cobra, 18-20+psi, but many people with 16+ are seeing great results as well.

10-18psi I recommend the regular JLT CAI
18+ I recommend the 12" kit

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread