JLT high boost CAI install problems...

shadowcoupe

How does this damn gigantic air filter fit in the fender?? does it got straight down?? or does it go up and over the fender???

there is seriously no room in there. plus trying to fit it in there the filter is getting wrecked pulling it in and out.....:bash::bash:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
i pushed mine forward a bit so its almost touching the h/e coolant lines, and i also bent the metal edge of the inner fender down because it rubbed a hole in the first filter i had. also i took to whole plastic inner fender out to make some space to work. then you just gotta adjust it till it fits

shadowcoupe

ya, i just got done doing the same thing you did. i still thing the thing is way too big to be in there... im afraid vibrations are going to wear a hole in it still tho...

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
x2 .. no help here, just my input, ive yet to read proof that the cai (hb or reg kit) makes more power due to the cooler air, the 90* bends seem to hurt the power numbers some.. so im taking my jlt hb cai kit and turning it into a rai with a 12" filter

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
After 2 past cars with the JLT in fender (CAI) I went with the RAI. When ever you tweek on the car it comes off in seconds.

bigmoose

Established Member
x2 .. no help here, just my input, ive yet to read proof that the cai (hb or reg kit) makes more power due to the cooler air, the 90* bends seem to hurt the power numbers some.. so im taking my jlt hb cai kit and turning it into a rai with a 12" filter

The CAI doesn't get cooler air, when moving. I've datalogged my unshrouded RAI and when moving the IAT was ambient. So a CAI would do nothing but add more restriction.

MVD

Established Member
The CAI doesn't get cooler air, when moving. I've datalogged my unshrouded RAI and when moving the IAT was ambient. So a CAI would do nothing but add more restriction.

That is not true. The CAI does serve a purpose, which is ALWAYS pulling in ambient air, no matter if sitting still or moving.

Sit for a few minutes in the staging lanes or traffic with a RAI and let me know your IAT's as compared to the CAI ;-)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I feel for your OP...the JLT intakes are a ridiculously tight fit...even on the RAI...it took me 4 hours to install the damn intake...and I gashed my new filter...I too went with RAI, as it can just pop it in and out a little easier than the the latter

granny03

Established Member
I hate to hyjack the thread but I have a wms cai and just bought the jlt. will i need a new tune so it wont hurt my motor

bigmoose

Established Member
That is not true. The CAI does serve a purpose, which is ALWAYS pulling in ambient air, no matter if sitting still or moving.

Sit for a few minutes in the staging lanes or traffic with a RAI and let me know your IAT's as compared to the CAI ;-)

re-read my post, thats why i said when moving.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I had a JLT & tried to install it and said screw it. Bought a K&N with C&L intake pipe. Its too much of a PITA to install and you have to take it off to do plugs and other simple task.

Users who are viewing this thread