JLT Intake Track Test

Dave Murphy

Has anyone taken a JLT intake to the track and done a stock comparison with it? Not buying into the JLT hype quite yet. Have been watching the videos of their "tests" as well as their "3rd party tests" and they all seem skewed. We also all know dyno numbers are not real life numbers. Even more curious after watching the test Sid did where pulling the cover off the stock box netted 65hp on the dyno but lost ET at the track.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It works on the track, but I didn't get a chance to make a vid covering it. We did a dyno test with a prototype JLT and showed gains on a modified car. The modded the car is the more a freer flowing intake will help. Intake restriction kills PD blower performance.

Dave Murphy

It works on the track, but I didn't get a chance to make a vid covering it. We did a dyno test with a prototype JLT and showed gains on a modified car. The modded the car is the more a freer flowing intake will help. Intake restriction kills PD blower performance.
Thanks! Maybe I will just hold off on engine performance mods until I am ready to do several at once.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Has anyone taken a JLT intake to the track and done a stock comparison with it? Not buying into the JLT hype quite yet. Have been watching the videos of their "tests" as well as their "3rd party tests" and they all seem skewed. We also all know dyno numbers are not real life numbers. Even more curious after watching the test Sid did where pulling the cover off the stock box netted 65hp on the dyno but lost ET at the track.
Stock setup has proven to be very solid. I would agree with waiting todo multiple mods at the same time to make it worth while.

techi14

Established Member
I just installed the SPE carbon fiber intake and just for the sound of the whine alone it was worth it to me. I do definitely feel some butt dyno gains on the upper rpm range. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread