Jlt stepped up for 2013 gt tune

WHITEMACH

Established Member
my buddy gtformula was having big problems getting a good tune for his 2013 gt auto!
he had like 4 different tuners try and get his tune right they could not get his car sortted out so he opened a thread about
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...why-cant-i-get-decent-tune-2013-5-0-auto.html
MODS
3.73s ,jlt cai, bbr xpipe,gt500 mufflers,DS,nitto drag radiels, 100lbs weight reduction
anyway jlt stepped up and tuned his car via email and it [email protected] backed it up with a 11.74@118 LAST NIGHT AT PBIR,
WISH ALL TUNERS TOOK THE TIME LIKE JLT!
chrismp.jpg

Last edited:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
put a granitelli radiator support,dumped the sway arm and ,droped like 30+lbs from the nose, put on weld rts wheels which the fronts are 5s and the rears 10s,like 50lbs savings,and lighter brakes.+ the drive shaft is lighter.
weighed his on the scales with out driver 3450 and add 200lbs for the driver

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So who actually tuned the car because jlt doesn't tune themself that I know of. They use other company that does the tunning for them.

Shaun@AED

Jay's 2013 is tuned by Brent Hughes @ DTP.
I would assume Brent did this tune as well. He does great work (obviously).

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Damn that's a nice time! I have the same mods minus the gears, hoping to see something like that this spring!

Has it been on the rollers? I would really like to see what power output is with all these mods. I'm getting on a loaded hub dyno in 2 weeks, hoping to see 400 hp at the rear wheels.

Tucker

This is great to hear.

For those who don't know, YES, I do tune. I have had and used the SCT Advantage III for nearly 8 years now, but we don't do "custom" tunes or dyno tunes.

We also work closely with Brent Hughes of Dyno Tuned Performance here in VA Beach. When we come across something that's over our head, we hire Brent to make us some files.
Brent dialed in our file for the JLT 2011+ CAI and it works great as you can see.

These are the basic files we use when we make our tunes. A little of Brent a little of me and a tune that works great for our product.

Again, I'm glad to hear this worked out and the times are great! Congrats.

Jay

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is great to hear.

For those who don't know, YES, I do tune. I have had and used the SCT Advantage III for nearly 8 years now, but we don't do "custom" tunes or dyno tunes.

We also work closely with Brent Hughes of Dyno Tuned Performance here in VA Beach. When we come across something that's over our head, we hire Brent to make us some files.
Brent dialed in our file for the JLT 2011+ CAI and it works great as you can see.

These are the basic files we use when we make our tunes. A little of Brent a little of me and a tune that works great for our product.

Again, I'm glad to hear this worked out and the times are great! Congrats.

Jay

Thanks for clearing that up. Since I did not know that you guys got into the tuning business.

gtformula

Established Member
Thanks again to Jlt and Tucker for sending the file. The tune drivability was perfect when I got it. The trans settings were alittle off but not as bad as other tunes ive had. But I put on my 90mm ford tb and it surges now lol. Just over tip in throttle its still good. Just very light throttle is where it surges. Shifts are nice at wide open but havent datalogged to see exactly where it is commanded to shift. When I got it they seemed very low. I maxed out the shifts in the options. Added 1 degree of global timing also.

Since I got the tune for free I cant complain or ask them to fix anything lol.

Tucker

No problem, I'm glad it worked out. I do recommend a local dyno tune to get that 90mm dialed in.

The whole reason for doing this is to prove the fact that "tubes" don't make cars run good or bad, "Tunes" do.

Tuners need to start doing their job and tuning cars and not blaming parts when cars don't run right.
No one knows how to make a "from scratch" transfer function any more.

We do this all the time and every time our tune takes care of what ever the customers drivability issue is.

Users who are viewing this thread