JLT Void Warrenty? Looked around SVT a bit.

woaface

Established Member
I ordered my dad a JLT true cold intake for father's day and I know the first thing he'll say is "What about my 6/60,000!"

I'm supposing I can tell him that dealers are generally willing to overlook a cold air intake but not computer tunes and pulleys and such.

If worse comes to worse he'll change his oil and do service elsewhere's cause I'm not sending it back:) There's a nice honest place down the road that's a lot cheaper and I take my Marquis there all of the time!

But either way, what do you guys think about the risks involved? Am I betting on the safe side with just an intake? Or am I selling this sh*t on e-bay in a week?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
04SilverSerpent said:
No, the general rule is that you won't void the warranty with intake or catback exhaust.
Shyt! Some of them will deny warranty work with just those two mods....Crystal Ford in Silver Spring, MD is one of them. :nonono:

MY DREAM

Established Member
Don't worry, you will be fine with those mods. The dealer would have to prove that the intake or cat back was the cause of the break (whatever needs work done under warrenty).

James

64comet

Established Member
Shouldn't be any problem, and you can always contact Ford yourself. The law is that it has to be proved that is what caused the failure. Whatever Ford dealer would void a warrenty for that doesn't need to be in business.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
That CAN void the warranty. They have voided warranties because of K&N filters for goodness sake...

woaface

Established Member
Well I called the guy that sold us the car and he gave me the number to the warrenty/service manager guy. He'll hopefully call me back within' next hour and we'll chat about it. This is the largest volume dealership in the state and they seem pretty easy about that sort of thing.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

SlowSVT

Established Member
My dealer told me they won't void the warranty over a CAI or cat-backs. Anything more and your in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread