JMS module installed ....blew out intercooler inlet hose

ECOSTANG

Established Member
Installed a JMS boost module today ...within 50 miles of driving, knob set @75% power I blew off a hose at inlet of the intercooler. No surprise after checking all hose clamps they were barely tight. Thanks for giving me a sinking feeling when I heard that pop .

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's always a fun sound. I've done it at 35#s on a 6.4L diesel. Almost expected to see a rod hanging out of the block. :D

Voltwings

Established Member
Lol i got into the habit of keeping a spare 10mm socket wrench in my backseat on my ms3 for like a month after my FMIC went on. I remember the first time i blew a charge pipe and was just certain it was the motor. Just be glad the ecoboost doesnt have a MAF lol, when the thing is sputtering and spitting and barely running you're certain its the motor at that point.

ECOSTANG

Established Member
For the module I'm pretty happy with it, log about 1000 miles with it now . Good improvement for the bucks. Solid 20 PSI, with a short peak boost of 24PSI.

ECOSTANG

Established Member
Not sure if anyone has run into this, but I was getting every now an then some pre-ing after shifting to a higher gear when boost would peak spiked (25psi). Just installed a new set of plugs 1 step cooler....Denso ITV22.

Users who are viewing this thread