Job one date?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
meaty mac said:
job one is when they start production. i believe it is slated for june 6
It is my understanding that June 6 is the targeted release (delivery) date. So Job 1 will likely be a few months before that. They usually build and hold the first few lots for quality control.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
From what I remember, order banks were to open March 13th or there abouts, but I recently heard that this was pushed out by "a few weeks", delivery starts in "early summer". Also, they generally build the coups first, and let us have our 'verts just in time for winter. :poke:

Dave07997S

Established Member
According to Mark at SVT Job 1 is early June...so June 6th could be the beginning of manafacturing and delivery sometime in late June and early July...

Dave

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Dave01M3 said:
According to Mark at SVT Job 1 is early June...so June 6th could be the beginning of manafacturing and delivery sometime in late June and early July...

Dave
I think Mark is clueless. I talked to him the other day and he told me August was Job1.

Quentin (sp?) usually answers and seems to have better answers. I called back later after not believing Mark. Q told me March or April for orders and deliver cars by early June. Job 1 must be about late April or early May.

They have had plenty of time to get this one right. I wouldn't think they would need any delays.

mrGT

Established Member
Dave and crazyhorse,

What's the phone number of SVT for Mark and Quentin? If you don't want to post it, could you PM it to me. THANKS

mrGT

Established Member
crazyhorse06,

As a wise man once told me......I was just too lazy to look it up! :)

OK, not really, I didn't know that :shrug:

Dave07997S

Established Member
Just came back from the LA Auto show..they had a Red GT 500 vert...the spokesperson said the car will be in dealers before the end of the summer. He indicated a early June build date...pretty much inline what Mark said to me. However...no said firm date has been set..also at the autoshow that the coupe will have the Shelby name across the whole backend not just a badge as the vert will have..not sure about that though.

Phone number...1-800-fordsvt

mrGT

Established Member
also at the autoshow that the coupe will have the Shelby name across the whole backend not just a badge as the vert will have.
I sure hope that holds true for the production model!!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
It seems more logical if it was just the opposite:
Letters in concept form (across the whole rear) for the 'vert, and as a badge for the coupe. Why?
The whole reason for the single badge was because of the stripes caused an issue with the application across the rear. The coupe will have these stripes, and the 'vert will not. Ergo, logic would dictate that the 'vert would get the concept treatment, not the coupe.
I would think that, for consistency and ease on the assy line, they would use the badge for both, though. My .02

broeli

Established Member
They would also need to use a completely different trunk and 3rd brake light assembly, which also means a spoiler with an integrated brake light would also be needed. The brake light is in the trunk...in the way of where the badge would go. It's not going to happen. Ford is saving every penny they can on this car.

mrGT

Established Member
crispy23c,

I don't think it's the stripes that's the problem with spacing SHELBY across the rear end, it's the placement of the brake light. If the vert get this treatment, then the brake light would have to be in the ducktail. If I can get my hands on a coupe, a body shop will be the first place I stop to put the concept rear end on it. If the stripes are truly vinyl, then I will have to paint the stripes on the rear end, because I don't think the letter adhesive will stick all that well on vinyl.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I checked on my Ford computer today for all the 2007 models.....Job 1 for the 2007 Mustang is scheduled for June 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread